person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

Comic Artists You Need To Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

A few days ago, I realized that most of my likes on Instagram go toward the comic artists who post their work on there.  I decided to compile a list of my favorite artists to spread the love and humor.

Sarah Scribbles    

I post her comics on our instagram (hc_amherst) all the time.  We even received books from her through our HC Survival Kit.  I am keeping one for myself (sorry that I’m not sorry)  but we will be giving away the other to a lucky reader quite soon.  Her comics tend to to cover anything  from social anxiety, girl problems and after college life.

Owlturd

His comics can be a bit darker.  He often personifies life, his emotions and will also touch on Type A people vs. Type B people.  His comics are great for a laugh and are *so relatable*.

The Book of Adam

I am hooked on his comics because of his art style.  If you follow him on Tumblr,  many of his comics include animation.  His comics are funny and well-structured and I can spend hours on his blog.

Awkward Yeti (Heart and Brain)

This is another comic you will see on our instagram (once again, hc_amherst, follow us!) all the time.  The personification of Heart, Brain and the other organs takes a spin on everyday experiences and makes you think about the world slightly different.

C-Cassandra

I adore her art.  The way she draws faces and hair can be breathtaking.  Honestly, my favorite posts by her are her progress shots but she is pretty witty too.  Many of my favorite comics by her involve rants about curly hair, fashion trends and being lazy.

Fowl Language  

For someone who isn’t a parent, the Fowl Language comics have me rolling.  It’s about this papa bird’s daily life raising children and captures (apparently) the joys and strife of parenthood.  It’s a different perspective on life that most of us won’t have to a many years in the future.

I hope these comics are to your liking.  If I didn’t mention it enough already follow us on instagram (hc_amherst)!  If you have any comics or photos on campus you would like to see posted, send Carina or Bonnie an email!

HCXO

Carina Corbin graduated from Amherst College in 2017 and started writing for Her Campus during her first year. She was a Computer Science and Asian Languages & Civilizations double major that still loves to learn languages, write short stories, eat great food and travel. She wrote for Her Campus Amherst for four years and was Campus Correspondent for 3.5 years. She enjoyed interviewing Campus Profiles and writing content that connected with the Amherst community.