Campus Celebrity Madeleine Sung ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is Madeleine Sung’16 who’s interesting answers and gorgeous pictures will surely have you stunned!

Tell me about where are you from:

I’m from sunny Palos Verdes in California. 

How does the weather at Amherst compare to the weather back home?:

Well, I’m from California, so the weather here is awesome. I especially love when it’s freezing cold in April, it’s best when the snow is just melted and the ground is muddy and smells like soy sauce. It’s also really cool when it snows right after it’s a sunny morning the day before. It really doesn’t compare to the 80 degree winters in socal.

Why did you choose to attend Amherst?:

I chose Amherst because it was the only school who’d take me lol

What are you interested in both academically and leisurely?:

FINDING A BAE 

What’s are you passionate about the most?:

Running around the socials like it’s my job

What are your plans for the rest of your time at Amherst and beyond:

Write my thesis and then use the hundreds of papers I printed as fuel for a huge bonfire

If you could make one change to the world, playful or serious, what would it be?:

KANYE 4 PREZ 

What’s something you’ve always wanted to say but never got the chance to say it?:

Chris Tamasi, the one who got away. 

Carina Corbin graduated from Amherst College in 2017 and started writing for Her Campus during her first year. She was a Computer Science and Asian Languages & Civilizations double major that still loves to learn languages, write short stories, eat great food and travel. She wrote for Her Campus Amherst for four years and was Campus Correspondent for 3.5 years. She enjoyed interviewing Campus Profiles and writing content that connected with the Amherst community.