Campus Celebrity Christopher Gow ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Tell me about where are you from?:   I’m from the great state of Texas, and can’t wait to go home for thanksgiving break.
How does the weather at Amherst compare to the weather back home?:  It’s way better. The temperature only drops below 40 for about a week, so winter weather at home is like Amherst fall. The summers are obviously super hot, but I like that. I miss the days when you just sweat as soon as you go outside.
Why did you choose to attend Amherst?:  My dad went to Williams, so even though no one in Texas has heard of them, the NESCAC schools were on my radar. I knew I wanted to play football and Amherst had the best blend of football and academics.
What’s are you interested in both academically and leisurely?:  Im majoring in religion and math. As a Christian, my religion classes have been extra interesting. And as far as math, there’s nothing better than a nice proof, y’know?  Football takes up most of my leisure time, but I still consider myself a professional SpikeBall player – it’s probably my favorite sport.

What are you involved in on campus?:  I’ve been involved with Athlete’s Bible Study (actually a misnomer–many people who come don’t play sports) since my Freshman year. It’s a really relaxed group just trying to learn what the Bible says and talk how to apply its teaching to our lives. We meet on Tuesdays at 9:30 in Moore, you should come : )

Tell me more about your hobbies:  Besides sports, puns and fun facts. That pretty much sums it up.
What are your plans for the rest of your time at Amherst and beyond:  In the next year and half, my only real goals are to graduate win another 8 football games. The rest of my free time will go to ABS (Amherst Bible Study) and other ACF (Amherst Christian Fellowship) organizations.   And I have no idea what I’ll do when I graduate, I guess we’ll see.

What’s something you’ve always wanted to say but never got the chance to say it?:  Q.E.F.D.  – Quod Erat Fxxxing Demonstrandum

Carina Corbin graduated from Amherst College in 2017 and started writing for Her Campus during her first year. She was a Computer Science and Asian Languages & Civilizations double major that still loves to learn languages, write short stories, eat great food and travel. She wrote for Her Campus Amherst for four years and was Campus Correspondent for 3.5 years. She enjoyed interviewing Campus Profiles and writing content that connected with the Amherst community.