Campus Celebrities: Samanta English ’15 and Ashley Felix 15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Meet Samanta and Ashely, the two heads of the Campus Activities Board!

Grade, Major, Dorm: 

Ashley: Senior, Environmental Studies and Spanish, Seelye

Samanta: Senior, English, Weiland

How did you get involved with CAB? 

Samanta: I’ve been involved since freshman year, back when it was separated into Program Board and Social Council. I love planning events so I couldn’t pass up the chance to do it on a much larger scale than my high school.

Ashley: I’ve also been involved to some extent since freshman year, but I would say I got really involved my sophomore year. I love planning all of the events we do throughout the year and being able to do that with a great group of people over the years, has been an added bonus.

What has been your favorite part so far? 

Ashley: That’s a tough one. I would definitely say all of the events and meeting people while tabling. If I had to choose just one event, I’d go with Homecoming. It’s just such an exciting time to be on campus and I love adding to the excitement with our bonfire and tailgating events. We’re actually in the process of gearing up for Homecoming, so be on the lookout for awesome T-shirts and giveaways!

What challenges have you faced? 

Ashley: Keeping things fresh and exciting for students, while still holing onto some traditions. This has been a challenge, but an exciting one to tackle because we get to revamp and keep improving past events.

Do you participate in any other extracurricular activites? 

Samanta: I work with many community engagement organizations like Girls Inc of Holyoke and Big Brothers Big Sisters. I’m also an Engagement Advisor, Telementor and a member of the Education Professions Cohort.

What is one thing you want the Amherst community to know about CAB? 

Samanta: Since it’s more heavily student run than it has ever been before, now is the perfect time to join. No matter what year you are come join us now or even next semester! But if you have no time, feel free to come talk to me or Ashley about suggestions you have for events. You don’t have to be a member of CAB to have your ideas heard and put into action!

And, just for fun, what are you being for halloween?

Ashley: Only a fortune teller would know that!

Amherst College Senior, Amherst, MA. Member of Amherst Women's Varsity ice hockey team. Hometown is Washington, D.C