Never Fear, the Guynecologist is Here!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Never fear, the guynecologist is here (to speak for an entire gender)!

Greetings, AU Her Campus community! I am your newly-appointed anonymous guynecologist (which is a fantastic pun– I wish I’d thought of it), and I am here to field your questions. But, before we embark together on this journey of perspective exchange, I want to begin with a few disclaimers.

Firstly, I think at this point we can all agree that the concept of having one person speak on behalf of an entire gender is, at best problematic. This being the case, I will do my best to avoid generalizing or gendering behaviors and attitudes, and I think we will all get more out of this if we all operate with this understanding.

Secondly, I want to caution that, while I will be taking your questions, I have neither the capacity nor the desire to provide definitive answers. Instead, I will gladly offer my many opinions and snap judgments, as well as inevitable digressions, tangents, non-sequitors, and the occasional rant. 

Submit any questions using the form located here.

Photo Credit: 1

Shannon is the former Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus American University. She is a Psychology major and is also a senior on the varsity swim team.