This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

This campus cutie is passionate about knitting, equal rights and bagel bites!

Name: Emma Grace Hankins

Nicknames: “Stitch” (short for “Stitch n’ Bitch”)

Hometown: Charlotte, North Carolina

Year: Freshman

Major: Currently Journalism, but we’ll see…

Hobbies: Knitting, singing, listening to podcasts, reading, watching Netflix, exploring DC

On campus involvement: I go to a group meditation class once a week and I’m trying to start a knitting club next semester

Favorite D.C. experience so far: I got to see (future president and queen) Hillary Clinton speak at Foundry United Methodist Church near Dupont Circle in September. The music was beautiful and hearing her speak was emotional and inspiring.

The best place to study on campus: I like the silent floor of the library because I’m boring and need silence for hard-core studying.

Go-to pump up song: “BO$$” by Fifth Harmony

Fun fact: I LOVE fun facts. For example, did you know that Australia has the world’s largest population of feral camels?

When I grow up I want to be: Able to keep a sense of wonder. I’m not sure of the path I want to take, but whatever I do, I want to enjoy it, which means not being too cynical to notice the wonderful moments of life.

Spirit animal: Platypus because it is a freak of nature (they lay eggs but are mammals, sweat milk and have poison spurs on their ankles) – sorry I’m very passionate about platypi.

The best Disney Princess is: Pocahontas. She literally stops genocide from occurring and knows to stay true to her own path even when it means giving up someone she loves.

Dream vacation spot: Iceland

Favorite pair of socks: I have a pair of striped socks that tie like tennis shoes that I love. I got them at a random store in Downtown Disney in Orlando and every time I see them I think of going to Disney World with my mom.

Feminism is awesome because: When it’s done right, everyone benefits from it. Harmful gender roles affect everyone, regardless of their gender, expression or sexual orientation, so taking them down helps everyone live their truth. I also firmly believe that feminism isn’t feminism unless it’s intersectional, and that the venues that feminism provides for combating sexism can help bring people together to combat other issues, such as racism, homophobia, biphobia and transphobia.

Most awkward moment: Any time I respond with the wrong pleasantry to people (i.e., “Good, how are you?” to “hello” or “you too” to “happy birthday”), which is pretty much every day

The best way to relax: I love going to the little woodland paths next to the amphitheater on campus and just sitting and listening to nature

Puppies or kittens: Puppies because I’m allergic to kittens

All photos courtesy of Emma Hankins

Hannah Zakrzewski, better known as Hannah Zak, is a sophomore History major with minors in Theater and Public Administration and Policy and a full time nasty woman. No, she does not know what she wants to do, and yes, she will find a job with a degree in History. Hannah is aggressively from New York, particularly from her hometown, Buffalo. She is passionate about Alexander Hamilton, theater and tv, politics, coffee, Tina Fey, The West Wing, and monograms.