This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

As part of our Valentine’s Day cutie series, we received several anonymous submissions for Emily. Friends describe her as “sunshine personified”, “so sweet it would make your teeth hurt”, and someone who “always has a smile on her face.” We sat down with this cutie to learn more about her favorite things, her time at AU, and her go-to spot in D.C. (hint- it involves cupcakes).

Name: Emily Hall

Major: Film and Media Arts with a minor in Studio Art

Hometown: Washington, D.C.

Her Campus American University: What organizations are you involved with on campus?

Emily Hall: I’m in Alpha Xi Delta, where I’m the photography chair. I’m also in AU Photo Collective, SOC Ambassadors, Delta Kappa Alpha, which is a professional fraternity, and I’m the Student Government Senator for SOC.

HC AU: What is your favorite spot on campus?

EH: I really like the quad, especially when it’s nice out and everyone is hanging outside.

HC AU: As a D.C. local, what’s your favorite thing to do in the city?

EH: I love to go to Georgetown, get cupcakes at Baked and Wired, look at the water by going down to the waterfront, and shop!

HC AU: What is one thing you can’t live without?

EH: I can’t live without my camera or computer, because I edit photos and videos all the time.

HC AU: Are you a dog or a cat person? Do you have any pets?

EH: I don’t have any pets, but I love both, especially small dogs. Dachshunds are my favorite!

HC AU: What is your favorite Netflix show to binge watch?

EH: There are so many! For a while it was Grey’s Anatomy and Gossip Girl. I’m not caught up on Grey’s– I’m still on the 10th season.

HC AU: If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be?

EH: I really want to go to Australia, or Hawaii. I love the beach and warm weather.

HC AU: What’s one item on your bucket list?

EH: I want to take a cross-country road trip with a bunch of friends.

HC AU: At your 90th birthday party, what 3 words do you want people to use to describe you?

EH: I would say passionate, funny, and caring. 

HC AU: What is your favorite college/AU memory?

EH: I think just everyday when I see people on campus and get to say hi to everyone, and recognizing people whenever I’m on campus.

Photo Credit: All photos provided by Emily Hall.

Samantha Boyd

American '19

.