This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Ah fall. My favorite season. The smell of crisp air, the changing color of leaves, pumpkin spice lattes, and of course, new fall trends! Everyone loves the return of sweater weather and Halloween, but here are three new fall trends that all AU students should be following ASAP.

1. Tans and Neutrals 

Some people may stay away from tans and neutrals because it can wash out some skin tones, but finding the perfect coat or sweater can really take your fall outfit to the next level. The great thing about tan is that it goes with pretty much anything, so the next time you go shopping be on the lookout for the perfect pea coat or knit sweater to add to your fall attire.

2. Turtlenecks Under Dresses

When I first saw this trend I was a bit perplexed, but the more I looked at it the more it grew on me. Wearing a turtleneck under a dress is basically the same thing as wearing a sweater over a dress, so it really isn’t that weird. This outfit is super easy and comfortable and can be created with items that you already have in your closet. So step out of your comfort zone and rock that turtledress, you’ll be happy that you did.

3. Deconstructed Denim 

Everyone owns at least one pair of jeans, or in my case twelve pairs. There’s nothing special about boring old denim, but wearing deconstructed jeans can add more flair and excitment to your outfit. You can pair them with a simple top or sweater, or rock them with cute booties and you’ll be the talk of campus. Everyone will say, “Wow those jeans are so cool! Where can I get some?” I promise. They will say this. 

Photo Credits: Cover, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6