10 Times “Broad City” Was Actually About AU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Comedy Central’s “Broad City” is a show that follows two funny, happy-go-luck young women living in New York City. They have laughable jobs and are just trying to live their adult lives, while fostering their friendships with each other. They get into the funniest, most unfortunate situations together but always end up getting out of trouble because of their lovable personalities. There are many times in the show that Abbi and Ilana’s lives are totally relatable to American University students. The show returns in February for its third season. Yas Queen!

1. When you decide to be adventurous and take one of the classes offered at the gyms. Abbi is us working out at Bender or Cassell.

2. When you see dogs on the quad and the owner lets you actually pet it. *SQUEAL*

3. When you decide to move off campus and you need something really cheap because das essspensive.

4. When you skype your friends from back home and tell them your life is mess.

5. Interviewing for an internship when you have no experience whatsoever. Then they ask you for your weakness but you don’t have any?????????

6. Wating for the shuttle and following the driver because he went right past you. I am trying to get a seat people HALP. 

7. When you get off said shuttle and ride the crowded metro so you hang on for dear life.

8. A week after you get paid and realize you blew all your money over the weekend and have five dollars to your name. Also when you remember your student loans. 

9. When you are finally getting comfortable with your roommate.

10. When you decide to start adulting and find out you should have stayed in middle school forever. 

Gifs: 1

Genesis Marte. A girl from NOORK, New Jersey giving DC a try. Rooting for the Mets.