Teen Vogue Creates A Space For Positivity and Good Vibes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

Teen Vogue absolutely blessed NYC with a meet up on November 8th, which might I add was one of the lucky cities on the map to be included to the lead up of the official Teen Vogue summit. This dope experience had many young creators come together to build connections, share ideas, listen to panels and in the end walk out with new friends while enjoying mocktails and hors-d’oeuvres of course. To begin the night, a panel discussion led by Power 105.1’s Angela Yee featuring media strategist Paola Ramos, Jamira Burley (head of youth engagement and skills of education) and De’Ara Balenger (cultural-political strategist and former head of engagement of Hillary for America) took place. Following up from there, guests took part of workshops to come up with ideas about skills of being a leader, as well as voting and making a difference within society.

Events like this are well needed because it promotes growth within our society which leads to a hopeful future. With everything going on in the world today, it’s amazing to see individuals of every kind come together and share ideas, speak on issues, and get to know each other to do whatever they can to build for a better tomorrow. One thing for sure is that our society needs to be on one accord, and with that maybe just maybe we can all move forward as a people. Sadly enough, this meetup was only one of the few which was a kick off to the real deal that went down from December 1st to 2nd in LA. This two-day experience including Yara Shahidi, Amandla Stenberg, Ava DuVernay, and many more was definitely a success and Elaine Welteroth, the editor in chief of Teen Vogue also announced that Hillary Clinton was in attendance as well. Well, I’m definitely looking forward to more Teen Vogue Meet Ups and maybe next year I’ll attend the summit and you should too!  

A bomb Bronx girl at heart. A lil Jamaican thang. A whopping 61 inches tall and full of surprises. So far I’ve had 21 trips around the sun. Currently a senior at the University at Albany as well, and I absolutely LOVE to travel!
N/A