How to Become a Movie Star

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Ah, yes. That’s the dream, to be as famous and funny as Jennifer Lawrence. It will take some time to get there, but a good starting point is the upcoming Campus Movie Fest. CMF is the world’s largest student film festival, and it’s coming back to Bama for its time to shine. This week is when everything basically happens all at once: Tuesday, January 19th, is the day it begins. Head over to the Ferg to pick up all your equipment. The cool thing about CMF is that they provide all the necessities, from a camcorder to an Apple laptop. You don’t even need to know how to make a movie, you just need an idea and a dream. You have until the following Monday, January 25th, to create and edit your short film and have it prepared for submission. Making a video in just a week seems a little daunting, so filmmakers have been using the CMF @ Bama 2016 Facebook page to connect with other people interested in this event and to find actors and people for their crew. Anyone even remotely interested in this opportunity should head over to that page to see what options they have open to them. Just a few short days later is the red carpet premier of the top 16 films at the Ferg Theatre. Awards are given for audience favorite, which film had the most people come to see it, and brand new cinematography categories. It’s a night full of laughs, tears, and just overall happiness at seeing ambitious filmmakers given the chance to pursue their dreams. Welcome home, Campus Movie Fest.

Alabama Contributor