This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

I think one of the best things to be in love with is music festivals and the trends that come with the season of late nights spent jumping around to bands of all different genres. However, the music isn’t the only exciting thing to come with an event such as Coachella, but the fashion is also something that we’ll be seeing all over social media over the next two weeks. But what will the fashion trends of Coachella 2k17 be this spring? Let’s get trendy.

90’s Grunge

Even in the California weather of the month of April, you’ll still find people wearing long jackets and tight skinny jeans to pull off the perfect Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love look to attend the most celebrated music festival of the year. It’s casual and comfy, and definitely a trend I would pick up for myself.

Boho Chic

Vanessa Hudgens has blessed all of our lives the past handful of years with her sense of style while attending Coachella. Each year it has been the same type of look, boho chic, that she has worn and each year she kills the game, only seeming to top herself. Usually when people think of Coachella, they think of the boho chic, gypsy, flower child type of look. Which, granted, is the most popular look that will be filling up my news feed on instagram.

All White

This is such an odd trend; one that not only makes girls look tanner, but just works overall. It isn’t just white though: any type of pastel style gives off the perfect flirty vibe for attending shows of all the best bands.

Overall Central

I once wore overalls to a day long music festival (not the smartest idea), but it sure as hell is a cute look. You can mix and match what you wear underneath to make it look cute and classy, simple and comfy, or just by adding a sports bra. It can easily go with so many different trends.

All Black, All the Time

Just like the grunge look, and even in the sweltering california heat, wearing all black is quite the style. Since Gigi Hadid wears all black and can rock it, it’s likely the rest of her followers will too. It’s a trend so small and simple that adding jewels can make it stand out all the more.

So as we all scroll through Instagram after the Coachella festivities are through, what will be your favorite fashion trend?

Arden Palmquist is a Senior at The University of Akron majoring in Public Relations. She enjoys blogging and posting on her Instagram.
Abbey is an Ohio native currently caught between the charm of the Midwest and the lure of the big city. She loves all things politics and pop culture, and is always ready to discuss the intersections of both. Her favorite season is awards season and she is a tireless advocate of the Oxford Comma. Abbey will take a cup of lemon tea over coffee any day and believes that she can convince you to do the same. As a former English major, she holds the power of words near and dear.