Super Special Campus Celebrity

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity is incredibly popular on campus. He’s the first to greet us as we make our way to the CRS and the first some commuters don’t actually mind stopping for as they’re in a hurry to claim a parking spot. He’s got a chill and laid back vibe, stands 8ft tall, and has that bronze look going on. You guessed it! It’s our Panther Statue! We stopped by to ask him a few questions and it’s safe to say he was moved by our nomination. (haha get it?)

Her Campus: Where are you originally from?

Panther Statue: I’m from a nice little sculptor studio in Toms River, NJ. That’s where greatness was born, AKA Me.

HC:What does it feel like to be recognized as the face of Adelphi?

PS: I love being the center of attention. Everyone knows who I am and where I am. It’s an awesome feeling to be recognized like that. Forget the bunnies, I’m definitely the coolest cat on campus.

HC: Why do you only look to your right side?

PS: I just really love my side profile from the left side. I have a feeling that’s what makes the ladies go wild. Then there’s also that I’m always on the prowl to see who’s coming in on campus. If they don’t look familiar, you best believe I’m coming off of my rock.

HC: Do you ever go on a lunch-break?

PS: Yeah! All the time! I usually wait until everyone’s asleep so I won’t be bothered with having to sign autographs or take pictures with people when I’m hungry. Trust me, it’s not a pretty sight when I get hungry. Once in a while I’ll stop by the UC to eat leftovers (my fave).

HC: When’s the last time you smiled?

PS: A few minutes ago actually. I overheard a few of my homies, the basketball players, coming out of practice saying I’d be great for the team because of my height.

HC: Will you ever change your facial expression?

PS: Hmm.. I don’t know. I like to keep people guessing with my facial expressions, but usually everyone thinks I’m angry. I’m surprisingly really talkative and friendly. No one ever wants to talk to me, they just take selfies with me. Wouldn’t that make you upset? It’s like they’ve never heard of a talking panther statue.

HC: Who are your inspirations?

PS: Is that even a question? Pink Panther duh.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

PS: Maybe married with a few mini panther statues by my side.

HC: Anything else you’d like to say?

PS: Yes, I’d like to thank the Academy, but especially the Panther Club for my existence.

Carolyn Garcia is a Junior at Adelphi University. She was part of the Her Campus High School Journalism and Publicity Ambassador program during her junior year of high school and that opportunity was what allowed her to discover her passion of writing for media. Since then, she's become a Social Media rep for Seventeen, a Style Guru for CollegeFashionista.com, a Campus rep for Rent the Runway, a contributor for TheDaily411.com, and a Campus Ambassador for CAMBIO #BUILTBYGIRLS She's now the publicity/social media coordinator for Her Campus Adelphi, which she couldn't be more excited about. If you're interested in becoming best friends with her, you should tell her you love Taylor Swift and Chocolate Mint Tea.