Michael O’Toole ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Q: What’s your year and major?

A: I am senior Communications major with a concentration in Digital Production & Cinema Studies. I am currently in the middle of pre-production for my next short.

Q: What activities are you involved in school and outside school?

A: For the past three years, I have been an active member of the Newman Club, I spent a great amount of time last year helping out with the Student Activities Board, and I currently serve as the secretary of the Ballroom Dance Club.

Q: What are your hobbies?

A: During my spare time, I enjoy biking, working out, doing some photography whenever I’m home in the city, and a little yoga now and again.

Q: What are your favorite foods?

A: I’m a huge fan of Pierogis. Also, whenever I have a night out with my dad, we can be suckers for fish & chips. Cheesecake, I have to say, would be my favorite desert.

Q: What do you wish to do when you graduate? (What are your goals)

A: I hope to have a productive career within the film/TV industry, at some point, possibly writing and directing.

FUN Fact: Mike acted in an Off-Off Broadway play last summer!

Q: Do you have any role models?

A: Definitely my mom because her hard work, love, and dedication throughout the years has taught me to respect and appreciate others, as well as to commit to whatever is necessary in order to achieve my goals in life. She’s also someone I turn to if I ever have a rough day, and she listens and tells me what I need to hear, rather than what I want to hear.

Q: What do you look for in a partner?

A: Only someone who is fun loving, easy going, and nonjudgmental of others.

FUN Fact: Mike is a first generation American born into an Irish family.

Q: What would be the perfect date?

A: Anywhere, as long as we are able to enjoy one another’s company.

Q: Single or taken?

A: Single!

Hi I'm Liz!! I'm currently a sophomore at Adelphi University and I study communications. I strive to become a journalist or a news reporter someday. Besides being a contributor for HerCampus and studying communications, I have a passion for martial arts and criminal justice. I also love babysitting so I obviously love kids and something I may also do is become a teacher. One fun fact about me is that  I have been studying Ju Jitsu for the past 12 or 13 years and I am currently a second degree brown belt.