This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

From ramen noodles to…. well, ramen noodles, it can be difficult to find variety when it comes to our daily food choices. As college students, finding the time to eat three meals per day (let alone healthy meals), is an assignment in itself. This past week I decided to take a crack at cooking and made my boyfriend’s favorite dish: Baked Ziti. Not only was it delicious, but simple to make! So why limit yourself to cafeteria food and microwave cooking alone? Get inspired with a few simple recipes below that will leave you craving for more:

Weeknight 3-Ingredient Mac n Cheese

Comfort food equals favorite food! Made fancy or simple, mac n cheese meal prep is certainly not time-consuming. This recipe comes in handy after a long day in class and at work. Plus, who doesn’t love a few extra carbs? If you are still not convinced, check out Declan and Erica’s recipe here:

Spinach Feta Parmesan Crusted Grilled Cheese

Grilled cheese with a twist! Spinach and feta in place of American cheese add variety and is a much healthier choice (butter beware of course). Check out this delicious recipe here

Baked Mozzarella Sticks

Snack attack! Looking for a healthier version of your all-time favorite finger food? Check out this cheesy recipe here:

Chicken and Dumplings

Ah, a delicious spin-off of chicken pot pie (without the hassle)! Check out this hearty recipe here:

Lighter Sloppy Joes

Sloppy joes without the meat. Say what?! Chickpeas for the win! Check out this super sweet recipe to a comfort food classic here:  

Quickest Chicken Noodle Soup

Feeling under the weather or not, put your ramen noodles to the test with this awesome chicken noodle soup recipe here:

Speedy Lasagna

Think of lasagna as baked ziti’s cousin, just with larger noodles and more cheese. Now that’s a combo to fall head over heels for! Check out this mouthwatering recipe here:

Busy, lazy, or somewhat in-between, us college students are capable of any obstacle that may lie in our way… even if it’s the answer to: so what’s for dinner? Whether the goal is to master the art of boiling water or to simply switch up your dinner plans for the evening, these recipes have got you covered this week!

Hi! My name is Kerri Hayman and I am an undergraduate student at Adelphi University. My passion for writing lies within the lines of my poetry. I truly believe that when spoken word fails, written word speaks. Writing has allowed me to open a creative door for others to venture through and to relate on a personal level. Through struggles and triumphs, writing has become an artistic outlet for me to express my creative self!