There’s an age-old saying that lives deep inside collegiettes everywhere: Once you go legging you never go back. Well––maybe not… but we most certainly think there should be. It’s no secret that these pants have magic powers (many of which are criticized by haters who just don’t get it). So, we decided to take the time to list all of the reasons why we appreciate the best pants, well, ever! Here’s what we came up with:
1. They are comfortable AF!
Don’t argue with us on this one.
2. Our legs can actually move in them
One doesn’t simply “wear jeans” after wearing leggings. It just isn’t going to happen.
3. We don’t have to unbutton them when we eat too much
“Hi, yes, I would like to order another appetizer.” *smirks*
4. We own multiple pairs, but cherish each individually
Just because we have five different pairs of black leggings doesn’t mean we don’t love each one individually––cause we do, okay?
5. They are down for anything
Wanna go on a run? Wear leggings. Wanna go out for drinks? Wear leggings. Wanna chill around the house? Wear leggings. Wanna rob a bank? Wear leggings.
6. They show off some of our best assets
You already know what we’re talking about.
7. They stay put
No stretching? No tearing? No stress? It just means so much to us.
8. We can wear them for consecutive days (and get away with it)
Let’s have a round of applause for the leggings.
9. They make for the cutest and comfiest loungewear ever
We’ve never experienced a pair of pants like this before.
10. They suck everything in
So go ahead and eat that last piece of cake.
11. We can do just about anything in them
12. There are a million different kinds
Athletic leggings. Casual leggings. Leather leggings. Sheer leggings. Fold-over leggings. We want all the leggings!!!!
13. They look awesome with fuzzy socks
Is there a better combo for these cold winter months?
14. And they look awesome with sneakers
Aren’t leggings and sneakers every collegiette’s go-to outfit for class?
15. AND they look awesome with boots/heels/every other type of shoe!
They’re just, like, the Beyoncé of pants.
16. They changed our lives for the better
We thank the universe for leggings every single day.
17. They’re our best friend
They just get us in a way that no one else can.