This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Her Campus is proud to present Lian! Lian is one of our newest writers on the Her Campus team and also one of my best friends. Keep reading to get to know her a little better.

Full Name: Lian Lillian Grace Griesi

Age: 21

Year and program: Fourth year psychology

HCYU position: Writer

Hometown: Mississauga

Nicknames: Li, Lianna, Lili, Loli

Fav Food: Pasta

Fav Beverage: Tbh nothing beats a cold glass of water

Fav TV Show: Gossip Girl, Dynasty, The Mindy Project, This is Us

Fav Song: “All Too Well” by Taylor Swift

Fav Season: Summer

Fav Animal: Dog or horse

What inspired you to start writing for Her Campus?

I was interested in writing for Her Campus because I knew a couple of friends who were a part of it and have really enjoyed it! I wanted to get more involved and try something new this year, so it sounded like a fun idea. It’s been a great experience so far and I’m excited to continue to push myself and keep writing.  

What is something you wish you could have told your first year self?

If I could tell my first year self anything, I would probably tell her not to stress out so much about everything, to enjoy the moment, and be more spontaneous! I am currently working on these things, but I’m grateful for all the experiences I’ve had as they’ve led to me to where I am today.

If you could be friends with any celebrity, who would it be and why?

If I could be friends with any celebrity it would probably be the icon, legend and lyrical genius Taylor Swift. I love her music and have been a fan for a long time now. I think being a part of her squad would be so cool. She seems really sweet, supportive and fun to be around.

What quality do you admire in other people?

One quality that I admire in others is their ability to be confident without being arrogant. It’s really neat to see people who are comfortable with who they are, and not care what others think; that’s something I aspire to.

What would be the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?

Considering it feels like -30 degrees outside right now, I would definitely call up my friends and family and take the next flight out of here to go somewhere nice and tropical like Bora Bora.

Where do you see yourself in five years?

In five years I would love to see myself working at a job I enjoy and living in a cute little apartment downtown with some friends.

What is something you are looking forward to?

Something that I am looking forward to is saving up enough money to travel. There’s so many beautiful things to see and places to go that I’ve only dreamed about, so being able to make that a reality will be incredible.

If money wasn’t a factor what would your dream career be?

If money wasn’t a factor, I would definitely want to work with animals, and either be a veterinarian, veterinary technician or an animal trainer.

Any final words or messages for the readers?

Stay warm! Xo

All photos are courtesy of Lian Griesi.

I hope this profile has allowed you to get to know the kind and intelligent woman I am lucky to call my friend. Stay tuned for Lian’s articles coming to Her Campus every other week! Interested in joining an inspiring group of girls just like Lian? Click one of our links below to contact us. We are always looking to expand our community and this could mean YOU!

Email: york-u@hercampus.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hcyorku/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hcyorku/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/hcyorku/

Just a highly caffeinated 22 year old still trying to figure it out
Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.