Her Campus Executive Profile: Bhargavi Munshi

This week I am interviewing Bhargavi, a first year Honours Neuro Psychology and Pre-Law student. She is one of our newest members, and a very clever and ambitious girl. On top of that, she also has awesome makeup skills. We are so happy to have such a talented and lovely personality on the team!

Name: Bhargavi B. Munshi

Program/Year: First Year - Double Degree: Honours NeuroPsychology and PreLaw

Age: 18

Hometown: Toronto, Ontario  

Can you share an interesting fact about you?

An interesting fact that few people know about me is that I have spent close to 3 years doing Muay Thai.

What made you choose your major and what do you like most about it?

I have always been interested in neurochemistry and its relation to behaviour. My main focus of interest is how each person behaves and acts differently, in an unpredictable, incalculable way, uniquely based on his/her life experiences as well as biology. I decided to major in Psychology to best understand how the brain and the mind work.

I intend to carry my Degree into Law School, and lead it towards a career with the RCMP as a Government Prosecutor turned Criminal Profiler.

With what do you fill your free time?

In my free time I enjoy spending time with my loved ones and honing my makeup skills!

What is your favorite movie/book and why?

I have been obsessed with the Harry Potter series for as long as I can remember, and can strongly claim them as my favourite book series!

What’s your favorite place in Toronto?

I often enjoy exploring Toronto with my friends, and while I’ve found many hidden gems in the city, I’d still say that Polson Pier at night in Downtown is one of the best places to be.

The city lights reflect off of the water, and the CN Tower is clearly visible in the dark. The city sounds are dulled by the water, and everything is quieter. This is one of my most favourite places to sit and hang out with my friends, or just sit and think.

(Image captured  by Bhargavi’s friend of the view from Polson Pier)

What is your favorite comfort food?

I am an extremely picky eater (I don’t even like pizza unless it’s from this one specific store in Downtown), and the only food that comforts me when I’m down is Taco Bell!

What kind of music do you listen to? What’s your favorite song at the moment or a song you never get tired of?

I don’t really listen to music unless I happen to hear it on the radio/tv, or it’s recommended to me.  

That being said, I have been in love with Twenty One Pilot’s music for the past few years! My favourite TØP song at the moment is “Doubt” & the catchiest song I’m into right now is “Sicko Mode” by Travis Scott.

Which 3 places do you want to travel to next?

I have always wanted to see the Aurora Borealis from Yellowknife (Northwest Territories). I’ve also wanted to see the Eiffel Tower in Paris. However, the first place I’d like to visit is Prague in the Czech Republic!

What has been your favorite travel destination so far?

I haven’t been able to travel very much yet, but the most beautiful place I’ve seen so far is the Notre-Dame Basilica in Montreal, Quebec!

What are you involved in on campus?

I am involved in the York Moot Law Society, as well as the Women’s Mental Health Talks at York.

Why did you join Her Campus?

I decided to join HerCampus at York U just this year; I have always been vocal about women’s rights, mental health, and feminist issues. Her Campus is a platform targeted towards women, created by women, which I believe is a good ideal to support.

My role with Her Campus as Marketing & Publication Executive allows me to utilize my social media and advertisement skills in a positive way, which I was drawn to.  

All photos courtesy of Bhargavi Munshi

Interested in joining a group of cool girls like Bhargavi? Click one of our links below to contact us. We are always looking to expand our community and this could mean YOU!

Email: [email protected]

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hcyorku/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hcyorku/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/hcyorku/