This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

Usually, if the students of York College want to go shopping for food, they have to hit the highway. At the very least, they need a car to get the their desired destination – granted this is true for all locations, but in York you will really need a car.

Until now because that is changing for the better. I present to you the Shoppes at Wyndham! It is said that this will be a grocery and retail center located right by Rutter’s.

Construction is being handled by Kinsley Construction.

So far, only a couple of stores have committed to setting up shop here. The biggest of all is Lidl, a German grocery chain, who is also opening stores around the U.S. They have not disclosed how many or where, but York Daily Records reported that they will be placing their U.S. headquarters in Arlington County, Virginia (outside of Washington, D.C.). Their regional headquarters and distribution center will be located in Mebane, North Carolina (between Greensboro and Raleigh).

Here are the stores that have committed to opening a store at the Shoppes at Wyndham:

1. Lidl

2. Domino’s

3. Subway

4. Great Clips

It is also rumored that Starbucks will be opening there, which as you can image, I’m really excited for! (I could finally get gold status!!!)

So I thank the great people of York who came up with the idea to place a grocery and retail center across the street. Let us all dance in triumph.

A Senior at York College of Pennsylvania, majoring in Political Science. I am a Gemini, I love the color green, reading and writing! I am so excited to be able to write for Her Campus. I hope to inspire and/or entertain all who read my articles!