James Badas ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

Year:  2017

College: Calhoun

Major: Economics

Hometown: Oxford, CT

Meet James Badas, a freshman at Yale and this week’s Campus Cutie! But don’t let his last name fool you; he’s a down-to-earth, funny guy that thinks baklava is the way to a girl’s heart. Read on to find out about him!

Favorites:

Party theme – ABC

Song – Talk Dirty by Jason Derulo feat. 2 Chainz

Movie – The Sandlot

TV Show – The League

Vacation Spot – Greece, specifically Lesbos (where the word lesbian apparently comes from)

Celebrity Crush – Kate Upton

What are you involved with on campus?

I’m a sports writer for the Yale Daily News, club baseball player and new member of Sig Ep.

Describe yourself in three words:

Ambitious, sexy and sensitive

What are five things that you couldn’t live without?

My chubby bulldog, Hoja (which means holy man in Turkish), sports, Wenzels, my Calhoun family and my Greek heritage

What is something about you that most people wouldn’t know?

I broke both my arms in eighth grade playing basketball.

What is your favorite spot on campus?

An open spot on Old Campus when it’s sunny – I like to tan out there

Where can we find you on a Saturday night?

Bass, Toads or the basement of a frat house

Best Yale memory so far?

Harvard-Yale Weekend. It was cool to feel like I went to a school that really cared about sports, and there was a ton of energy. I also enjoyed rushing Sig Ep, since it was great to meet more people.

Describe your ideal date:

If it were someone that I really liked, my ideal date would be during the summertime, and we would go to the beach and then have a nice picnic. If not that, I also wouldn’t mind having a chill day outdoors. Wow, my ex-girlfriend is going to get on me for never having done any of those things.

What is your biggest dating deal-breaker?

A girl that is very spacey or doesn’t pay attention to me. It’s a huge turnoff if she’s constantly looking around or doesn’t seem interested.

Yale girls are the best because… 

They are the perfect combination of intellect and beauty. They deserve more than just a college fling.