Campus Activities: Queeries

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Queeries is a bi-weekly (pun intended) meeting for students at Xavier who identify on the LGBTQ+ scale. LGBTQ+ for those who aren’t familiar means: Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans*, Queer, and plus on the sexuality spectrum. This is a safe space for those who identify to talk in a dialogue about their lives and things that are currently affecting them. This group is only open to those who identify as LGBTQ+ and meetings are hosted every other week on a Monday at 7:30pm in the Musketeer Mezzanine. If you’re wanting to attend, look to the end of this article for contact information for the organizers of this great group! 

Opposite of Queeries is XU Alliance. XU Alliance is a club is focused on raising awareness about issues that affect LGBTQ+ people on campus. In addition to planning educational and recreational events that invite Xavier students to learn about issues that affect the LGBTQ+ community, Alliance hosts weekly meetings for LGBTQ+ students and straight allies. XU Alliance is open to everyone on campus who is interested in learning more. 

Interested in checking out one of these two groups? Talk to Kelsey O’Neil (oneilk2@xavier.edu), Assistant Director of the Center Diversity & Inclusion office in Gallagher Room 282 or Dustin Lewis (lewisd6@xavier.edu), Assistant Director of the Student Involvement in Gallagher Room 210.

Amber Lauzé is a senior Entrepreneurial Studies and Management double major from Auburn, Maine. When not writing for HCXU, she can found at one of her many jobs, or hunting for her cat that likes to hide in blankets.
Brittany is a senior accounting major from Saint Louis, Missouri and is a Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not organizing Her Campus Xavier, she can be found working with Tedx Xavier University or Xavier Women in Business. She  wishes she could spend all of her free time with puppies.