Relay for Life Bake Sale

During this last dead week from March 9 to March 13, Western's Her Campus team set up a bake sale to raise money for the Relay for Life fundraiser event as well as provide necessary nutrients (we all know you're cravings those sweets) for students and faculty during the hectic and dreaded dead week on campus. The bake sale was set up in the Communications Facility from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m Monday through Friday of dead week.

The American Cancer Society has Relay for Life fundraisers all around the country which help raise awareness and money to fight against cancer with research and prevention.  The event includes several teams, and lasts 24 hours long, where at least one member from each team must always be walking the relay track. The event also serves as a time to honor cancer survivors. 

Western will have it's own event on campus on Saturday, May 16. This campus's Her Campus group will have their own team and welcome anyone to join with them to help fight back against cancer!

Thanks so much to everyone for their support this last week in their donations and we hope you enjoyed the sweet treats!

About the Author