Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Diagnosis: A Serious Case of Luvbug

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WSU chapter.

‘Happy Valentines Day!’ is a funny way to say ‘Happy Spending Your Coins Day!’, whether you are going to dinner with your person or sticking inside the house with friends, it’s the holiday to celebrate little cherub babies and indulge in sweets. As cliche as it sounds, I will admit that romantic comedies are a guilty pleasure of mine. Boy meets girl, the typical theme depicted in Hollywood films, this glamorized idea of how love works. Chocolate candies and treats aren’t in the holiday spirit if not completely decked in pink and red. Despite revealing the truth of V-day, I will also admit that I am a victim of the holiday scheme   Gracefully, I have left behind the idea that, this day is meant for love between a couple. The love for your friends is oftentimes looked over for this occasion, it’s time to start a revolution in 2018. Your comrades are the ones that you should celebrate for helping you during hard times or just being present. For this Valentine’s Day, my friends and I planned a cheesy movie night with popcorn and our personal commentary; one simple but meaningful way of appreciating our friendship. I personally think that although

1) Yes, this day is very hyped.

2) It’s not that deep. Let’s stop focusing on the idea that people who celebrate Valentine’s Day are (insert fave negative adjective). Whether the day is spent with a love interest or your cherished college buddies, spend time with whoever makes you happy. Who cares at the end of the day? It’s your life and your decision so don’t stress these high expectations for what it should look like.

The purpose of this day is to just revel in sharing the fondness for those you’re grateful to have in your life. This could mean anything, don’t let pop culture fool you and then it won’t feel too bad eating the entire heart-shaped chocolate box. There are many artists that beautifully depict love in lyrics with soulful voices and it’s only in the spirit of Valentine’s Day if you partake in sappy music. Here’s a track list of love songs put together for your Valentine’s Day celebration to get into the mood for sharing happiness.

https://open.spotify.com/user/21fawmadw23lipixz7uhipgfy/playlist/2en836Njmb87jdEI3ZfUZ9?si=YX2mBwA1RP-mMxGsHOV2xA

1) All These Years — Camila Cabella

2) By Your Side — Sade 3) Always Be Your Baby — Mariah Carey 4) Keep Me — Khalid 5) No Air — Jordin Sparks 6) Ain’t No Need — Joyce Wrice 7) LOVE — Kendrick Lamar, Zarcai 8) YOU’RE THE ONE — KAYTRANADA 9) Fire & Desire — Drake 10) Fall In Love — Goldlink, Ciscero 11) Tell Me — Groove Theory 12) Little Bit — Hablot Brown 13) While We’re Young — Jhene Aiko 14) Stay — Mac Miller 15) Day and Night — Majid Jordan 16) Lock It Up — Marc E. Bassy ft. Kehlani 17) All I Want Is You — Miguel 18) That Girl — Pharrell Williams ft Snoop Dogg 19) Emotions — Sylo Nozra 20) Buzzin — Alina Baraz 21) Juke Jam — Chance The Rapper ft. Justin Bieber, Towkio 22) Warm — Dre’es ft. Mia

Dream. Write. Manifest. Repeat. Sophomore Marketing Foodie Spotify Fanatic