Geek Speak: 5 Ways to Rock Your Fandom Flair (That Aren’t T-Shirts)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

As fangirls, we all know that the fandom tee is the paradigm of geek couture (and we’ve got our own favorite sites from which to find them). But sometimes we want to look a little more chic than a t-shirt allows… without sacrificing our fandom flair. So what’s a girl to do?

Scarves

Scarves like this Lord of the Rings-inspired Middle Earth infinity scarf from NerdAlertCreations on Etsy are super-snuggly and is a subtle hint of fanaticism for your outfit.

Accessories

Another easy and subtle way to wear your fandom is with a cute bracelet, brooch, or necklace, like this Kree Star pendant from FaeStarDesigns on Etsy. It’s cute and sassy and perfect for going from a day in class to a night on the town.

Leggings

If you’re looking to be a bit more brash in showing off your fangirl side, look no further than fandom leggings, like these Tardis leggings from We Love Fine.

Skirts

So you think the leggings are a little much, but you still want to show off your love for your favorite characters (and your smooth legs) on a warm spring day. Then you’d love a skirt like this Harley Quinn-inspired Full Circle skirt from mtcoffinz on Esty.

Shoes

Every collegiette knows that shoes are a make-or-break in any outfit, and what better way to make an outfit than with custom comics decoupage shoes? We love these Iron Man peep-toe heels from KapowCoututre on Etsy. And the best part? You can totally DIY with the fandom of your choice.

Christine is the Co-Founder and former Editor-in-Chief of the WPUNJ branch of Her Campus. She graduated summa cum laude in May 2015 with BAs in English Literature and Secondary Education and a minor in Creative Writing. Christine currently lives in Maryland and likes to visit Washington, DC (but a little part of her will always miss New Jersey). She loves to edit and aspires to write the great American novel... eventually. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, hanging out with her husband and corgi puppy, fangirling over Marvel superheroes and Rothy's shoes, and watching Netflix.