Campus Celebrity: Yajna Jowaheer, ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Name:

Yajna Jowaheer

Year:

Senior

Hometown:

North Potomac, Maryland

Major(s):

Neuroscience

Activities on Campus:

• Co-Director of Awareness and Activism of UAID
  • Global Medical Brigades
  • Commonwealth Covered
  • Premed Mentor
  • Neuroscience Research in Professor Dickter’s Lab

Describe Yourself in Three Words:

1. Breakfast Person

2. Avid Tea Drinker

3. Travel Enthusiast

Go-To Starbucks Order:

Chai Tea Latte

Favorite Book:

The Night Circus

Favorite Movie:

Amélie

Hobbies:

Reading, binge-watching shows/movies, and working on my baking blog

Career Goals:

Getting into medical school and possibly becoming a pediatrician.

What is one thing on your bucket list?

To go on a hot air balloon ride!

What is one thing people would be surprised to learn about you?

I have a fascination for tattoos. I just love how they highlight people’s individuality.  

Describe your perfect day in Williamsburg:

Going on a cider walk in CW on a non-humid fall day, hanging out at Culture Cafe, and seeing a movie at Movie Tavern.  

What is your favorite part about being a member of United Against Inequities in Disease?

UAID constantly motivates me to be an active and informed citizen and to seek out ways to support my local community.

What is your favorite UAID memory?

Around finals week at the end of my freshman year, I made a video where people on campus shared how to best cope with stress and failure and how to prevent it from affecting their mental wellbeing.

What is your favorite thing about William and Mary?

The people here are not afraid to dream big and are always doing something really cool and inspiring.  

What is one piece of advice you have for freshmen (or anyone)?

Don’t let the pressure and stress consume your life. You’re not a robot, so it’s okay to take the time to do things that make you feel happy and alive.

If you were President of the College for a day, what would you do?

I would modify the meal plan so that it included only dining dollars that would last students the whole semester and I would expand the number of places that accept dining dollars.

Sarah Shevenock is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she served as a staff writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus William and Mary. Currently, she is a National Contributing Writer and Entertainment Blogger. In her free time, she enjoys reading voraciously, watching morning news programs, and keeping up with the latest television and movie news. She loves to talk about anything and everything related to theatre, cheer for her beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, and drink fancy coffee.