Campus Celebrity: Hasini Bandara, ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Campus Celebrity: Hasini Bandara

Year: Senior !!!

Major(s): Majoring in Public Policy and minoring in Business Analytics

Hometown: Valencia, CA

Activities on Campus: Director of Alma Mater Productions, Tour Guide, Health Outreach Peer Educator, Peer Advisor, and Communications Team Member at The Alan B. Miller Entrepreneurship Center

Describe Yourself in Three Words:  Loyal, Friendly, Empathetic

What is Your Go-To Starbucks Order? A warm cheese danish & iced latte

What Do You Like to Do In Your Free Time? Try new foods, FaceTime my family, binge-watch trash reality tv, & pretend to study at College Creek

What is Your Favorite Movie? Love and Basketball

What is Your Favorite Book? The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander

What Is One Thing On Your Bucket List? To snorkel in the Maldives

What is Something Someone Would Be Surprised to Learn About You?  

In elementary school I aspired to be a floor sweat mopper for the Los Angeles Lakers (during the Kobe era).

What’s Your Favorite Part of William and Mary?

The people within our community continue to enrich my daily life here at the College while continuously inspiring me to mature into the best version of myself.

What is the Best Part of Being an AMP Member?

My favorite thing about being a part of AMP is witnessing the excitement in an students faces when they attend an event I helped orchestrate. Whether it is simply at the welcome table or backstage at a concert, witnessing that enjoyment at our events makes everything worthwhile.

What is Your Favorite AMP Memory?

My favorite AMP memory is when Goldlink autographed a chip bag from Chipotle for me because I couldn’t find any real paper in arms reach.

What is One Piece of Advice You Have For Freshmen (or anyone)?

In all your actions, be genuine to who you are. Treat yourself often and never forget who has helped you along your journey.

If You Were President of the College for a Day, What Would You Do?

Bring back the peanut butter packets to Sadler and approve the immediate construction of a massive parking garage for students

Sarah Shevenock is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she served as a staff writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus William and Mary. Currently, she is a National Contributing Writer and Entertainment Blogger. In her free time, she enjoys reading voraciously, watching morning news programs, and keeping up with the latest television and movie news. She loves to talk about anything and everything related to theatre, cheer for her beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, and drink fancy coffee.