alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Ways to Finish Off the Semester Strong

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The end of April and beginning of May is a weird time for college students: it may be spring, but Spring Break is far over, and there’s a lot that we still need to get through. On one hand, we’re super excited for summer to start; on the other hand, we’re super stressed because of finals. Although it can be easy to coast through those final few weeks before summer, it’s important that you focus on schoolwork and end the semester on a good note. Here are some tips to help you survive the end of the semester!

1. Find a Nice Study Spot

This can be a library, coffee shop or a random spot that you found on campus. It’s important that you have a distraction-free place that you can go to get things done. At the same time, you should feel comfortable at and enjoy going to this place. My personal favorite places to study are the SAC, Memorial Union Terrace or anywhere in the SoHE building. Find a quiet place that appeals to you and get to work!

2. Put School First

Sure, it’s fun to think of all of your summer vacation plans and the memories that you’re going to make; but, it’s crucial that you make school your first priority throughout these last weeks — your grades depend on it! Just crank through the days ahead and get through finals week. Afterward, you can start planning beach days and road trips.

3. Drink More Coffee and Less Alcohol

College may be the time to party, but take a break on alochol during these next few weeks. Instead of pulling all-nighters at the bars with a beer, spend those nights at the libraries with a latte. You can have fun any other time of the year, so you should spend these next couple of weeks focusing on your grades. This doesn’t mean that you have to quit cold turkey; if you need a day to relax and have fun, stay in for an easy wine night! Of course, you deserve to go out and enjoy yourself, but just do it less until finals are over.

4. Don’t Stress Too Much

My most important tip for you is to just relax. College is stressful, but you will get through it. Just remember that soon it’ll all be over, and summer will be here!

The next few weeks can really make or break your GPA, so stop reminiscing on your Spring Break pictures and get studying!