A Mini-Guide to the BEST Food in Rock Hill, SC

If you’re a Winthrop student and want to venture out from eating Thomson cafeteria everyday, I have the perfect list for you. After three years of living in Rock Hill, I made it my mission to hunt down the best places to eat in the area. Here are four places you MUST try before graduating! 

4. Millstone Pizza and Taphouse

Millstone was the first restaurant I tried when I moved to Rock Hill my freshman year, and it's been consistently enjoyable ever since. Along with their wood fired pizzas, they also serve fresh salads and subs. The layed-back, atmosphere is also a plus! The restaurant is decorated with classic rock memorabilia, and the playlist they have on always has my boyfriend and I singing along. They're located in Old Town Rock Hill, only a couple minutes away from Winthrop's campus.

My go-to order is the classic marghertia wood fired pizza! 

Check out their Instagram here.

3. Taqueria El Manhattan Mexican Restaurant 

Complimentary queso, mouth-watering, reasonably priced food, and margaritas? Say less! Located on Cherry Road, El Manhattan is only a few minutes away from campus. They're family owned and serve a variety of authentic Mexican meals! Along with margaritas, they have a great selection of cocktails and drink specials. My favorite item on the menu is their carne asada. 

Check out their Instagram here.

2. Jennie Mae's Southern Cuisine

I had the opportunity to first try Jennie Mae’s back in September 2020, when they gave out free lunch to local college students! I remember being super hungry that day, and when I finally got to sink my teeth into their fried chicken and mac & cheese, I actually passed away and went to heaven. It was SO GOOD. If you’re ever craving southern soul food, I definitely recommend ordering from Jennie Mae’s. Not to mention, it’s a locally, black-owned business, go show your support!

Check out their Instagram here

1. Cibi! Cibi! Food Truck

Cibi Cibi is number one- without a doubt. They serve the best cheeseburger + hot chicken sandwich I have ever had. And the best part about Cibi Cibi? They’re usually parked right behind campus at Slow Play Brewing, so it’s only a short minute walk to get there! Along with burgers and sandwiches, they also serve a variety of other foods like tacos, wings, salads, and rice bowls. The jasmine rice bowl is also a must-have! Seriously, I can’t rave about this place enough. Go give it a try!

Check out their Instagram here.

Disclaimer: All of the restaraunts listed above have take-out options! With COVID-19 still running rampant, I highly suggest ordering to-go.