This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Subscription boxes seem to be the new trend. What’s better than getting mail once a month? I know that was the favorite thing freshman year, having my own mailbox where I can get letters and care packages. Not only can you subscribe to these boxes, but they make great gifts as well, and with the holidays coming up, you can either put this on your wishlist, or gift them to someone else. There are plenty of boxes out there, but I am going to show you the ones that I think are worth your leftover college change.

1. Graze Box

What is it: Graze box is the ultimate healthy snack box. Every box contains eight healthy, yummy snacks. You can “love, like, try, or trash” the snacks that you receive. When you receive this box, the proceeds go toward the Graze School of Farming in Uganda, which teaches students how to grow and harvest fruit while also receiving a stable income.

How much: $11.99 a box!

Why you should subscribe: This box is a great way to snack for no reason in the healthiest way. You may even find a healthy snack that you love and want to snack on the rest of your college career. You even get to pick the type of snack you like from the 100 choices they have for you. There’s nothing better than snacks and why not do it in a healthy way?

Boxes similar to this: Love with Food, Nibbler, Conscious Box

2. Birchbox

What is it: If you just can’t seem to find the best beauty product for you, try Birchbox, where you get samples of high-end beauty products from hair care, makeup, body care, and much more. You create your own profile so you get products that match your needs and wants. If you love the product, you can purchase it full size. Birchbox has boxes for both women and men, I heard you could even rack up points by reviewing the products and purchase items for free!

How much: $10.00/Month or $110/Year (that’s one month free!)

Why you should subscribe: I feel as though college students don’t pamper themselves as much as they should and this is a simple and easy way to do so. Trying out some high end products may be the start or end to a hard day. You can customize the box to the things that you want to try and sometimes even pick exactly what you can get. Plus, you can’t beat the price of only $10 a month! Set aside that money and try it!

Boxes similar to this: Pop Sugar Must Have Box

3. The PMS Package

What is it: Well, females, it’s that time of the month again where you want to eat literally everything in sight and some of it isn’t even edible. You’re in luck. The PMS Package is here to save you. This package provides all your wants and cravings delivered specifically when you need it the most. From candy to your favorite movies, they come with it all. You can choose from three select packages; Mini, Featured, and The Executive Package.

How much: Mini: $12.99, Featured: $23.99, Executive: $34.99

Why you should subscribe: Well, if you are not craving food during that time of the month, I guess this one is not for you, but who am I kidding, we all are. This box could turn your crazy emotional day right side up. Plus, this month’s theme is Holidays. Don’t miss out!

4. FabFitFun

What is it: Every three months, members get a new seasonal gift box filled with the new most fab items handpicked from the FabFitFun Team. You get some amazing new products for an amazing price four times a year. This is more than just a beauty box; you get a mix of beauty, fashion, fitness, wellness and home products that make you feel like a VIP. Not to mention these are not just samples, you get full-size, premium products in every box.

How much: $200 value per box for only $49.99 4x per year. FREE SHIPPING!

Why you should subscribe: There are some amazing high end products that come in each box. The price may seem high, but you are only paying this price 4 times within a year, and each box comes with at least $200 worth of items. I personally got this box and I was in awe about all the great products I received. If you go to their website they will even show you past boxes and all the great products that came in them. Even Lauren Conrad has reviewed how great these products are. Come on, it’s Lauren Conrad!

Boxes similar to this: Stitch Fix, Bulu Box, Dazzley

5. Faith Box

What is it: This box is Christian based with inspirational quotes and scripture, actions to enrich your life, and amazing products from companies that do good. Each box that is shipped provides 3 meals to hungry children! The products you receive are from companies with positive missions, and it also has random acts of kindness that may make a world of difference.

How much: Month to Month $20.00/Box + ($5 shipping), 3 Month Plan $19.00/Box $57.00 + ($5.00 shipping), One Year Plan $17.00/Box $204 + ($5.00 shipping)

Why you should subscribe: Faithbox will inspire daily Christian living, it will help you grow in your faith, impact your community, and discover meaningful products. Many of us seem to lose our faith in the world that we live in today, receiving this box may enlighten your life and make you realize how important it is to secure your faith and never lose it through the times today. The world of prayer can do a lot and we may use it in today’s world but make sure that you actually are and not just saying it to say it.

Boxes similar to this: Buddhibox, Kloverbox

6. Candy Club

What is it: It is just what it sounds like, a club with amazingly delicious, premium candies, delivered to your doorstep every month! Candy experts search the globe to discover hard-to-find candies of the highest quality. They also study details such as taste profiles, texture, and color. They pack the candies so that the taste will not change from them to you.

How much: Monthly Plan $27.99/Month, 6 Month Plan $22.99/Month, 12 Month Plan $19.99/Month

Why you should subscribe: The candy that comes in these boxes is unlike most candy you can buy at the grocery store or Target. These candies are handpicked and scientifically calculated for your taste. What better than getting a new candy that you have never tried before at your doorstep. If your taste buds are not satisfied you can get your money back, plus this is up to 66% off retail candy prices.

Boxes similar to this: Cravory Cookies, Taste Adventure Club.

7. Ipsy

What is it: This bag, instead of a box, is very much like Birchbox including amazing products, you may enjoy this one better. You still get 5 amazing products, but now you can watch product tutorials from their stylists showing how to get the look. In some of the bags, you even get full size beauty products. You also receive an adorable makeup bag each month. You also take a personalized quiz so you get the best products for your look!

How much: $10.00/Month with Free Shipping!

Why you should subscribe: With the different types of beauty products you get in Ipsy, what can you miss out on! You also get your very own glam bag along with amazing products from Urban Decay to Nicole by O.P.I. Your experience is personalized so you will be getting products that you want. For $10.00 a month, you can’t go wrong!

Boxes similar to this: Julep Maven

8. Uppercase

What is it: A box for readers, who would have thought? This is a box for Young Adult book lovers. Each month you receive the latest and greatest Young Adult book, plus much more. You will receive an amazing, brand new, hardcover Young Adult Book, a signed book or bookplate signed by the Author, and 1-2 high quality, exclusive, and custom items available ONLY in Uppercase Box. You even get to choose the best type of subscription for you.

How much: Expert Plan: $23/Month, Book Exclusive Plan: $17/Month, Personalized Plan: $29/Month

Why you should subscribe: Book lovers will love what this box has to offer. This book is chosen for you and you don’t have to go searching through the library or bookstore. Lisa, the founder, is a woman you can trust. She reads hundreds of young adult books each year and her recommendations are trusted by hundreds of thousands of readers who follow her. Give Lisa a chance and try her recommendations out!

9. The Planner Addict

What is it: Staying organized is the best, yet hardest thing for a college student to do.If you are not addicted to your planner, you are doing it wrong. This is a box of handpicked goodies picked out by the founder and delivered to your doorstep. They have partnered with some ETSY shops to give you some exclusive gifts. From things like stickers to note cards to clips, you can get it all for your planner.

How much: $15/Month + $3.75 Shipping

Why you should subscribe: To be the girl with the prettiest planner, duh! But seriously, you can get some amazing products from Heidi Swapp, American Crafts, Amy Tangerine, and also some Planner Addict Box exclusives. These are also great for scraping booking or any types of crafts. December’s box is already sold out, but January’s box will be live soon!

Boxes similar to this: Whimseybox, Not Another Bill

10. Art Snacks

What is it: What better than a monthly serving of the best art supplies? This box comes with unique, high quality art supplies that is hand picked and tested by working art professionals. When you receive this box every month, you can discover new art products and also learn tips and tricks from experts that have used them. There are 4-5 full size items in every box, and if you are not sure what the art product your order is sent with information about each product.

How much: $20/Month, $60/3 Months, $115/6 Months, $200/Yearly with Free Shipping

Why you should subscribe: This box is not for everyone, but for people that like to draw, paint, etc, this box is for you. If you are not very artsy, you can experiment with the best products out there. Every month they challenge you to use all of the products in the box to create an original piece of art, you then snap a picture of the art work and share it on social media with the hashtag #artsnackschallenge. Join the community and order yours today!

Boxes similar to this: SketchBox

Bonus Box: Bill Nye The Science Guy Box!

What is it: Every three months, Bill Nye sends you items to help you change the world. Bill will send you items related to technology, toys, and culture and the box will always include a personal letter from Bill himself.

How much: $50/ per package

Why you should subscribe: WHY NOT, IT’S BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY!

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.
Hannah Ingebrand is a Winona State University graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Relations and a Psychology minor. Hannah is equal parts homebody and adventurer. She craves travel and her heart was left in Paris years ago. She is in love with love, handwritten letters and all. Hannah believes in making meaningful connections with people and embracing different cultures. Her obsession with Pinterest only fuels her love for polar bears, French bulldogs, and all things fashion.