My 20th Birthday: Bit by Bitmoji

When we think of important birthday milestones that a person will experience in their lifetime, we usually imagine turning 13, 16, 18, and 21 years old.

These are the ages we look forward to the most because each birthday symbolizes a new freedom that we did not have before—freedom to be called a “teenager,” freedom to drive, freedom to be called an “adult,” and freedom to legally drink, respectively.

Very rarely do we consider the age of 20 to be a significant milestone, but I beg to differ.

My friends liked to kid with me by saying I “beat teen pregnancy,” and, all jokes aside, it made me reflect on the fact that I am no longer going to be considered a teenager (Granted, I was technically an adult once I turned 18, but that is beside the point).

In honor of my 20th birthday on September 14th, here is a recount of my special day and night as told by Bitmojis.

I started my b-day off with one of my roomies eating a hearty breakfast at the caf and getting ready for my classes soon to follow—thankfully, my 8 AM got cancelled, so I was able to get another hour of beauty rest!

My classes seemed to go by extra quick because before I knew it, it was time for me to have my 1 PM interview for a writing position for the Winona State campus blog that is meant to promote the university for incoming freshmen… I killed my interview BTW.

Following the interview, I headed straight over to Maxwell Hall where I shadowed the first of three campus tours as part of my training to become an Ambassador and tour guide. I had worn a dress that morning and afternoon, so I was a little more gussied up than the other students and parents...no biggie, though!

I decided to partake in a very domestic, adult thing and do a couple loads of laundry. Once I finished, it was time to start getting ready for dinner (I actually did wear a black pantsuit, too).

Come 6 PM, five of my closest girlfriends and I drove over to Ground Round where we sat at a high table (sorry, Hannah!) on the bar side where there were lots of TVs to watch different sports games.

I ordered a delicious plate of chicken alfredo and also had a refreshing glass of strawberry lemonade before our table was surprised with a platter of free cinnamon turnovers… I also got sung to by my waitress and a few others—that was quite enjoyable!

After dinner, we headed back to my dorm to take a few (read: a LOT of) pictures together in front of our totally basic, but totally cool tapestry. I definitely had a food baby at this point, but having a mini photoshoot was so much fun.

One of my roomies suddenly had a sugar craving, and since mine is everlasting, the two of us jumped in her car and headed over to Kwik Trip where we both bought a pint of Ben & Jerry’s. My current obsession (another shoutout to Hannah Hipps!) is Half Baked, and I just can’t get enough of it.

On our way back to the dorm, we had the pleasure of being pulled over (literally seconds away from the front door) because my roommate’s tail lights weren’t on—she drives a car that requires her to manually turn them on. We weren’t even mad about it though, because the cop who was asking us questions was VERY attractive.

All kidding aside, we made it back safe and sound to our room and for the rest of the night, my two roomies and I bounced between watching Pretty Little Liars and playing Mario Kart on my GameCube.

It was a great way to end such a great day and night with a great group of people. Thank you to everyone who made me feel like I was still a teenager (sort of)!