Meet West Coast Native Ivy Klein ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wheaton chapter.

Name: Ivy Klein
Class: 2015
Hometown: Los Angeles, California
Major: Italian Studies
Fun Fact: I worked as a ceramics counselor at a camp this summer

What is your sign?
I am a Libra

What brought you to Wheaton?
I initially heard about Wheaton through my college counselor who was telling my best friend about this small liberal arts school in MA which was very involved with the greater community. She wanted a large traditional school and I wanted exactly what was described. I visited last summer and felt immediately at home here. 

What are you involved in on campus?
I am involved in the SHAG (sexual health advocates group) club and Aftertaste and am trying to find a way to Italian club and Zen club.

If you were going away to a remote island and could only bring three things with you, what would they be?
My desert island items: Avocados (endless supply), Almonds (endless supply), and a solar-powered iPod (or my puppy)

What is your favorite movie?
Pan’s Labrynth is probably my favorite movie.

What do you miss the most about home?
What I miss most about home: Incense and candles– the smell of Nag Champa encapsulating your senses as you walk in the door.

Kenya is a spunky and outspoken senior at Wheaton College in Norton, Massachusetts. Born and raised in Harlem, New York City, she's obsessed with the fast-paced noisy neighborhood she calls home. At Wheaton she's a Sociology major with a double minor in Studio Art and Journalism. She just wrapped up her summer internship at ESSENCE Magazine where she served as the Integrated Marketing intern. On campus Kenya works at the Marshall Center for Intercultural Learning, is a resident of the Feminist perspective house and is an advocate for diversity student programing. She spent her junior year abroad in Sydney, Australia and vows to return. Kenya has an extreme love for ketchup and dreams of working in magazine publishing. She can't wait to lauch HerCampus Wheaton!