Behind the Music: Jamie Kent and The Options

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wheaton chapter.

Jamie Kent is no stranger to Wheaton.

He’s performed at Wheaton four times and on his recent visit to the Loft, September 1st he added “The Options” to his act. Kent teamed up with Dan, Tim and Rhees to form the band after performing solo in the beginning of his musical career. They made connections through mutual friends and a love for music performance—then nine months later Jamie Kent and The Options were born.

Kent is a New England native and Babson College graduate where he studied Social Entrepreneurship. His college fan base is growing rapidly and now with The Options added to the pack, the numbers will surely increase.

After releasing his first album Neotenyin April 2010 Kent spends his days planning the next big gig. Kent spends 80 hours a week working on music. He sends out press kits, updates his blog and social media sites and books shows all to promote the bands newest release, Basically Unplugged EP, as well as future material.

The band is currently gearing up for their two-month tour, which kicks off this October. Kent says the band will play 58 shows in a 60-day span. On the tour they will stop in Cambridge first then perform along the Northeast before heading West. While out West, Kent and The Options have shows booked in Cleveland, Chicago, Montana, Oregon, Seattle, California, Vegas and more. Kent has done three tours in the past, but never for  a two-month period. Kent and The Options prove that no journey is too big when it comes to your passion.

For more information on Jamie Kent and the Options, tour dates, downloads and more visit http://jamiekent.com/ .The HerCampus Wheaton Team wishes Jamie Kent and The Options a safe and wonderful tour. You’re always welcomed at Wheaton.

Kenya is a spunky and outspoken senior at Wheaton College in Norton, Massachusetts. Born and raised in Harlem, New York City, she's obsessed with the fast-paced noisy neighborhood she calls home. At Wheaton she's a Sociology major with a double minor in Studio Art and Journalism. She just wrapped up her summer internship at ESSENCE Magazine where she served as the Integrated Marketing intern. On campus Kenya works at the Marshall Center for Intercultural Learning, is a resident of the Feminist perspective house and is an advocate for diversity student programing. She spent her junior year abroad in Sydney, Australia and vows to return. Kenya has an extreme love for ketchup and dreams of working in magazine publishing. She can't wait to lauch HerCampus Wheaton!