This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Exam time is here (isn’t it always?), and with it comes the riveting and mind blowing opportunity to witness the destructive heights the sleep patterns of your peers and friends can reach. Here are a few types to keep an eye out for.

The Role-Model

A definite mythical creature, who gets 8 to 10 hours every night; a certifiable master of the circadian rhythm. For some reason (maybe their regular sleep pattern? Maybe not) they are always in high spirits and a sound mind. However, those rare times they don’t get enough sleep they are unrecognizable and completely screwed until that cycle is restored.

The Napping Professional

his person is terrifying in their intimate knowledge of what their body’s energy levels are and how sleep affects it. The REM cycle is their b*tch. Who needs caffeine when you have well timed naps?

The Procrastinator

This person! This person needs caffeine. The friend that starts sweating when you ask them about their progress on an assignment handed out three weeks ago is also the friend who laughs nervously when you ask them how much they slept the night before. Why or how someone would procrastinate sleeping is a great question not even they can answer.

The Sleep Artist

They can and will sleep anywhere no matter how much sleep they got the night before. It’s not being lazy! It’s an art. You try falling asleep in a hallway while waiting to be interviewed. Or in class while the professor is giving a critical exam review. See? Not so easy.

The Nap Amateur

They thought naps were a game that could be played. Maybe they took one because they thought it would help them focus later, or that they’d figure out a plan after they woke up. They’ll never learn. They’ll tell you they’re taking a nap at 4pm and will call you at 1am having just woken up, asking where they went wrong in life.

The Night Owl

Different from the procrastinator because the night time is their prime time, rather than being a time to look at memes. Catch them dancing alone at 4am while somehow being productive. But wait, what’s that grumbling noise in your 8am class? The night owl muttering that it’s their bedtime.

No matter what kind of sleeper you are, get that rest you deserve!

Ashna is currently a first year student at the University of Western Ontario and is a part of the School for Advanced Studies in the Arts and Humanities. She loves reading, writing, drawing, and staying up to date with feminist discourse. Ashna hopes to graduate with an Honors Specialization in Creative Writing and do something Big. In the meantime, she continues to learn more about life as an adult and taking naps.
This is the contributor account for Her Campus Western.