EYES Glossier Boy Browjpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
EYES Glossier Boy Browjpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Glossier
Style > Beauty

[DUPLICATE] Glossier Brand Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at West Chester chapter.

As an avid lover of all things beauty, I have always been enticed by the world wide web of online makeup and skincare brands. There is just something so alluring. Maybe it’s the mystery of having never seen that brand in a beauty store before, knowing you can only try those products you have seen all over social media if you have them shipped directly to your house.

Whatever the pull is, I certainly feel it and no brand has made me feel it more than Glossier. The millennial pink packaging, the innovative products, the way it promises to make me look and feel naturally beautiful, I really give it up to Glossier, they got me by the wallet and haven’t let me go since.

Over the course of the last few months, I have tried several Glossier products, some of which I have absolutely loved and have no plans of giving up anytime soon. From makeup to skincare, they really know what they are doing and so I am happy to share my favorite products with others so they can feel confident in their purchases.

Cloud Paints

When I first started this article, I thought I wasn’t going to list my favorites in a particular order, but I don’t know who I was trying to fool. These are my favorites, I can’t even lie. The Cloud Paints are Glossier’s take on cream blushes which come in six beautiful shades that are inspired by New York City sunsets, according to their website. 

The product itself comes in an adorable little paint tube which makes it easy to squeeze out the right amount of product onto your fingers and dab it all over your cheeks and nose in a way that makes it look as if it is your real skin. Also, each shade adds glow to the face which makes it look even more natural, as though you have just been out in the sun and now you are all dewy and flushed. 

The Solution

If you have troubled skin that is prone to the typical breakout, please, please, please give this a whirl. The Solution is a chemical exfoliant made up of AHAs, BHAs, and PHAs, all of which are acids that are extremely beneficial when it comes to clearing, brightening, and preserving the skin. 

It can be a bit harsh at once if your skin is sensitive or unaccustomed to the use of such acids, so the Glossier website recommends adding it into your skincare routine by starting small and increasing the use of the product as your skin adjusts.

I literally cannot say enough good things about this stuff. I never had horrible skin, but I had come to the point where I had accepted that my blackheads probably weren’t going anywhere anytime soon. Boy was I wrong.

Blackheads? Gone. Whiteheads? Gone. Hormonal acne? Reduced significantly. My skin looks and feels so good, I’m sitting here kicking myself for not discovering this when I was a pimply preteen.

Skywash

To be honest, I had never really thought much about liquid or cream eyeshadows. I had my stash of palettes and powder shadows, I really didn’t see the need to add yet another formula into my routine. And then my friend showed my Skywash, Glossier’s liquid matte eyeshadows which come in a tube and can be applied to the eyes with the doe-foot applicator. 

To say I am obsessed is an understatement. It’s a matte shadow, sure, but because it is a liquid formula, it still allows my skin to glow in ways that regular powder shadows cannot. 

I have the shade Valley, which is described as a warm peach and every morning I swipe it on my lids, blend it out with my finger, and am left with the softest wash of pastel orange on my eyes. I really have to restrain myself from buying a bunch of other colors just about every time I get paid. 

Boy Brow

Not to be dramatic, but my life was changed by Boy Brow. The fiber eyebrow gel is nothing short of a game-changer for me and it has truly made me love my eyebrows. 

My eyebrow game hasn’t always been strong. I have quite dark hairs with bits of undergrowth that pop up below the brow itself. When I was young, I hated them. I begged my mom once I got to high school to start letting me get them waxed and I had done so religiously up until this past spring.

I started using Boy Brow and man, oh man, does it do wonders. Between the color and the tiny fibers which allow me to shape my brows in the fluffy way I actually enjoy, I have completely stopped waxing and even tweezing my brows because I realized I like them just the way they are. Especially when I get to wake up in the morning, pop a little gel in, and feel like they are the brows that I had stared at on Instagram every day, desperately wishing that I had. 

Whether you love your brows or hate your brows, I strongly recommend picking up a tube of Boy Brow because it will take your confidence to the next level.

Ali Kochik

West Chester '22

WCU ‘22 English Writings Major Journalism Minor Women’s and Gender Studies Minor
Contributor account.