Your Back to School Essential, Based on Your Zodiac

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Let’s be honest, one of the best parts of going back to school is going back to school shopping. Growing up, you would go shopping with your parents for a whole new outfit, a new backpack, and new school supplies before heading back to school in September. Even though you might not be hauling back as much stuff from the mall as you did when you were younger, it is still fun to grab a few new essentials before the semester starts up again. Don’t know which back to school essential you need this year? Well then, you came to the right place. Keep reading to find the back to school essential that you need in your life, according to your zodiac sign!

Aries (March 21 – April 19)

Aries are natural-born leaders. While they love starting new projects, they tend to be less enthusiastic about actually finishing them. Try using a planner to organize all your projects and start seeing them through.  

Taurus (April 20 – May 20)

Taurus tend to enjoy structured routines and are hard workers. Get a to-do list notepad to plan out your daily routines and make sure everything gets done.

Gemini (May 21 – June 20)

As a Gemini, you tend to like fast-paced environments and lots of variety from day to day. Use a portable charger to make last-minute plans without worrying about the battery level of your phone.

Cancer (June 21 – July 22)

As a natural caretaker, you are always taking care of other people. Get a reusable water bottle to carry around on campus so you can’t forget to put your own health first. 

Leo (July 23 – August 22)

Leos are notorious for their big and bold personalities. Get a colourful notebook that is as worthy as the spotlight as you are. Bonus point if it has an inspiring quote on the front!

Virgo (August 23 – September 22)

As natural perfectionists, Virgos can often get caught up in small details and get stressed out because of them. Get a fun colouring book to help destress and relax when the small details become overwhelming. 

Libra (September 23 – October 22)

A Libra is the ultimate people person. Your magnetic personality means that your phone is probably full of adorable photos of you and your friends. Print them out and get a bulletin board to display them in your room!

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)

Scorpios thrive of intellectual stimulation. But something all the reading you have to do for classes seems like too much. Use colourful sticky notes to mark off certain lines and paragraphs so you can narrow in on the important information. 

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)

Too many rules is a Sagittarius’ worst fear. Rather than feeling limited by a normal planner, use a bullet journal to give yourself endless flexibility when it comes to planning

Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)

Capricorns are synonymous with total workaholics. You struggle to take a break unless everything is checked off your to-do list. Even then, you want more stuff to do. Get a Netflix account and make time this semester to take study breaks and have movie nights with friends!

Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)

An Aquarius doesn’t like to be locked into conventional routines. But, unfortunately, your class schedule is the definition of conventional. Break up that boring routine with some creativity by sketching in a sketchbook.

Pisces (February 19 – March 20)

Pisces thrive when they are being creative. Therefore, spice up your boring study notes by using colourful pens to add lots of colour.

What is your zodiac sign? Let us know in the comments below!

Hi there! My name is Caitlyn Gellatly and I am the Campus Correspondent and President for the Waterloo Chapter of Her Campus! I am a Digital Arts Communication and International Studies student in my 4th year. I love to read, write, cook and spend time with friends, family, and sorority sisters!