This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Boo! It’s that time of the year again, filled with pumpkins, scares, and lots of DIYs! Everyone loves this frightening time of the year, and what’s a better way to get into the spooky spirit than some fun and easy DIYs to transform your home into the haunted house of your dreams (or should I say, nightmares)?

Here are seven quick and easy Halloween DIYs that will spice up your home without breaking the bank: 

1. Crochet Pumpkin 

Crochet your very own cute pumpkin with this easy-to-follow kit from Amazon, which includes instructions and all of the materials needed to make this adorable and festive DIY! 

1. Hanging Bats

This is an easy way to repurpose some empty toilet paper rolls and create some hanging bats that can be placed just about anywhere to add a spooky touch to your home. 

1. Skull Planter

This craft is perfect for any plant moms (and dads!) out there who want to put an eerie twist on their favourite plants. 

1. Spider Garland

With pipe cleaners, a needle, and some twine, you can create some creepy critters for your decor! 

1. Spider Web Place Mats

Want to spook your dinner guests? These spider web place mats will make the perfect addition to your dinner table. 

1. Lighted Hanging Ghosts

These easy-to-make lighted hanging ghosts make a frighteningly fun DIY that will not only look great in your yard, but will definitely send shivers down your neighbours’ backs! 

1. Mummy Mason Jar Luminaries 

Have any extra mason jars laying around? These mummy mason jar luminaries are easy to make and a perfect craft for Halloween.

Hi! I'm Sanjana and I am in my first year of the Accounting and Financial Management program at the University of Waterloo! I love reading, listening to music and cooking.