6 Standup Comics for When You Need a Study Break

It's only a few weeks into the quarter, but if you're like me you already need a little break. Here's a list of my favorite standup comics (in no particular order) to help lighten the mood as we all try to make it through the next couple months until spring break.

1. Hasan Minhaj

Hasan Minhaj does a lot of standup about his immigrant background. He's also a senior correspondent on The Daily Show with Trevor Noah.

2. Trevor Noah

Trevor Noah is mostly recognized as the host of The Daily Show, but before taking over for Jon Stewart, he was doing standup comedy. A lot of his material talks about his experience in apartheid South Africa and moving to America.

3. Bo Burnham

Bo Burnham recently driected the movie Eighth Grade. He gained popularity on YouTube when he was a teenager, and moved on to musical comedy.

4. John Mulaney

You've probably heard of him at this point. I don't think I have to explain any further.

5. Tom Segura

Definitely an underrated comic. His material is relatable and has become one of my favorite comics.

6. Conan O'Brien

Hasn't really done standup since 2010, when he lost his job as the host of The Tonight Show on NBC, but he's going on tour now so technically he makes the list. He performs absurdist comedy bits and has an unlimited amount of energy.