4 Things to Consider Before Getting a Tattoo

So, you want a tattoo, huh? Here are some things to consider before getting one.

1. Placement 

When considering tattoo placement, you should think about a couple things. How visible will it be? How could it affect your career? How bad will it hurt?

My answer to these questions? Tattoos are starting to become more widely accepted. Many people's perceptions of tattoos are changing and stigmas are disappearing. As for pain: it's a temporary feeling for something permanent. Seems like a fair exchange.

2. Meaning 

Do tattoos need to be meaningful?

This one can get complicated. Personally, I don't think tattoos need to have meaning in order for you to get them. Tattoos can gain meaning or even change meaning over time. Don't stress about it!

3. Timing

This one may sound weird, but the time of year you get a tattoo can be important

According to many artists, Fall and Winter are the best times to get a tattoo. This is because the sun can damage the healing process, so if you get a tattoo in the colder months, you'll have more protection from the sun during the healing process.

4. Size 

Maybe size doesn't matter in some aspects of life but it does in the tattoo world.

The smaller a tattoo, the more likely it is that the fine lines will bleed and blend together after time. Going too small may compromise the design of the tattoo, so make sure to ask your artist about what they think is best for you.

In the end, it's your tattoo and it's going on your body forever. Do what you believe is best for you!

Tagged: