This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Even though this holiday season may not look as we expected, it is still important that we stay home and always wear a mask when out in public. By doing this, we will be helping our front-line workers and healthcare workers by decreasing everyone’s chance of being exposed to Covid. However, this can make the holiday season a very isolating and stressful time of the year. Here are some of the best activities to help you stay connected while also being safe!

Movie night

Grab your popcorn and get comfy on the couch for a movie night with your family. Screen sharing movies on Zoom or Netflix Party can also help you stay connected with friends!

Make a holiday playlist

It never hurts to get into the holiday spirit by listening to classic holiday songs! (Santa tell me by Ariana Grande is my personal favorite)

Baking

Do you want to show off your new cake pan or have a cookie decorating contest with your siblings? Baking can be a great way to reduce stress this holiday season.

Game night

Put all the devices away for the night and set up a board game on the dining room table with close family members! If you want to play online with friends, Skribbl.io, Among Us and Mario Kart Tour are great games to get you started.

Drive-thru light show

Does your city usually have light shows or a winter wonderland? Lots of holiday activities have now made Covid-19 friendly accommodations! Make sure you stay in your car or can socially distance from others.

Hi I am Amaya Wiekerson. I am a freshman at WashU but originally from Chicago, IL. I plan on majoring in Computer Science with a minor in women, gender, and sexuality studies and possibly a minor in marketing. I am super into sports, I played volleyball and softball in high school and hope to play club in college.
We are WashU's Her Campus site designed for collegiettes here on campus.