Top 6 Podcast Recommendations

Podcasts are an underappreciated form of media. In this day and age, it is common to want to stimulate as many senses as possible, but it’s nice to go back to the old school way of simply listening for information. Another great thing about podcasts is that they’re free on the Podcasts app on iPhones and usually available on SoundCloud, which means that you have access to great information for free. These are my top 6 podcast recommendations.

Serial

Photo courtesy of Player.fm

This was my gateway into the world of podcasts. It’s a riveting story about Adnan Syed, who was accused of murdering his girlfriend at the time, attempting to prove his innocence from jail. However, there is one issue: he doesn’t remember too much of the details of the actual events. Journalist Sarah Koenig explores every single nook and cranny of the case, and it is a fascinating and thought-provoking podcast.

Bad With Money With Gaby Dunn

Photo courtesy of Podbay.fm

Having money problems? Worry no more, this podcast is the one for you. Even if you’re not into economics, Bad With Money talks about money from a regular (and interesting) human’s point of view. Gaby Dunn of the YouTube duo Just Between Us discusses money while talking about her personal experiences of handling money with guests.

Beautiful Stories From Anonymous People

Photo courtesy of earwolf.com

It’s exactly how it sounds. The host, Chris Gethard, answers people’s calls about a wide range of topics without asking for their names. If you like simply listening to people’s stories, whether they are funny or sad, this would be the perfect podcast for you.

Girlboss Radio with Sophia Amoruso

Photo courtesy of PodBay.fm

Sophia Amoruso is the creator of the brand Nasty Gal, and in Girlboss Radio she interviews her friends who are prominent women in many different industries. They all talk about their journeys as a woman and as a person in their respective field. It’s a perfect listen if you’re feeling a little down and need some motivation.

Happy Sad Confused

Photo courtesy of SoundCloud

If you’re a movie junkie or love celebrities, then this is the podcast for you. MTV’s Josh Horowitz interviews celebrities in a casual manner. It’s not one of those interviews where you can feel the palpable uncomfortableness on those sides, and it’s an incredibly entertaining listen. There are so many different actors and directors interviewed on this podcast that everybody is bound to find one episode that they enjoy.

Dear Hank and John

This is a great podcast for if you’re feeling down. John and Hank Green give dubious advice and talk about AFC Wimbledon and Mars (their respective passions) in a way that makes you feel like you’re listening into a friend’s conversation. The advice is worth listening to, and sometimes the questions get you thinking about the most trivial things.

Podcasts are perfect for long commutes or when you're feeling a little bored at home. There are so many more podcasts out there, so there is bound to be something for everybody.