My Thoughts on 2017

Time flies.

It’s 2017 already…

It only felt like yesterday that I was in high school, thinking that 2017 was the distant future and that it would be 2014 forever.

2016 was a year of ups and downs for me. I encountered obstacles and pain like never before, as per usual. But this year was different for me, since I had the capability to think and analyze and overcome these difficulties. On the other hand, I experienced happiness and joy like none other, in part thanks to overcoming the aforementioned obstacles. The pain made the happiness that much better. Under that umbrella of happiness and joy, perhaps the best emotion that I felt this year was love. I gave so much love to people around me and I was shocked to be reciprocated some of that love. This made me realize even further what a wonderful world we live in.

Through all of these experiences, I have learned so many things about the world and myself, and I hope to use the lessons that I learned in 2016 to make 2017 even better.

There are so many things in store for me in 2017. I turn 20, I’m leaving to study abroad, I get to see friends for the first time in nearly two years, and the list goes on. I have so many things to look forward to in 2017. I don’t expect 2017 to be all good things, but I now know that I have the capacity to handle anything that is thrown at me this year.

Tagged: