Meet Libby Swett: President of Alpha Gamma Delta

Name: Elizabeth (Libby) Swett

Sorority: Alpha Gamma Delta

Major: Communication, Minors Public Administration and Theology and Religious Studies

Activities: FSL Strategic Planning Team, Intern for the Augustinian Province of Saint Thomas of Villanova

Her Campus Villanova: What is your favorite part about being president of Alpha Gamma Delta?

Libby Swett: My favorite part about being president of Alpha Gam is witnessing the growth of individuals in the chapter over their membership period. Whether it occurs inside or outside of the sorority, I truly enjoy seeing the amazing things that women of my chapter accomplish. Nothing makes me happier than hearing of an opportunity a member has received or even just walking through Connelly and seeing sisters hanging out. Being able to lead the chapter to create a sense of belonging and community on campus is an incredible experience.

HC: What are three goals you wish to accomplish during your presidency?

LS: Communicating effectively, carrying on the legacy of our founders, and strengthening sisterhood

HC: What is your biggest challenge as the president of your chapter?

LS: The biggest challenge is being able to balance time.

HC: In what direction do you hope to see Villanova Greek Life go in the future?

LS: As both a chapter president and member of the Strategic Planning Team, I believe that Villanova Greek Life has a lot of untapped potential. I would love to see Fraternity and Sorority life become a more inclusive community that supports individuals and empowers them, rather than a community that’s full of stereotypes.

HC: What do you enjoy doing outside of your sorority?

LS: Outside of sorority life I love to spend time with friends. I also love to travel and take every chance I have to go new places over breaks, or even just explore Philly.

HC: Chipotle or QDoba?

LS: QDoba, 100%. Nothing beats queso.

HC: Starbucks or DD?

LS: Neither. I’m from the PNW so I’m a self-proclaimed coffee snob. My favorite in the area are La Colombe and Gryphon Cafe.

HC: Go-to Campco Order?

LS: Italian calzone and a strawberry milkshake.