Don't Forget to Breathe

Between pages and pages of reading, long essays, and exam after exam, when's a college girl supposed to relax? For a lot of girls, there isn't an answer. Instead, they ignore their stress and keep working, never letting themselves take a break.

But it's important to remember that we all need to take care of ourselves. While you obviously can't forget about your school work and push it to the side, it shouldn't be all you think about. So what's a girl to do? It's all about balance. If we don't carve out the time to de-stress and take care of ourselves, it's more likely that we'll end up stressed and overworked, which can cause us to burn out.

Take Small Breaks

Make sure that once you get a few things done you're rewarding yourself with something relaxing. Catch up on a show, go for a walk, or grab a meal with your friends to take your mind off your to-do list. This lets your brain recharge so that you can tackle your next assignment with a fresh mind. It's a lot easier to get work done when you're able to focus rather than when you're feeling exhausted and distracted.

Make Fun Plans

Give yourself something to look forward to! Make future plans with friends so that you know you'll have something fun to do once you've written that 8 page essay or finally taken that test you've been studying for all week. And don't limit yourself to weekend plans. Small things like watching The Bachelor together on Monday nights or going to the gym with your girlfriends every night can be small time commitments that let you unwind and relax.

Try to Eat Well

Keep your body fueled with what it needs! The late night studying, visits to the gym, full class schedule, and all the activities you're involved in can take a toll on you without you even noticing. Having a busy schedule can also make it hard to find the time to eat a good meal. Try to keep healthy snacks around with you instead of stopping between classes for a muffin or chicken fingers, and when you do have the time to eat a full meal try to fill yourself up with fruits, veggies, and protein instead of pasta and pizza.

Don't Forget to Sleep

It can be tempting to pull an all-nighter when you have work to do, and being the first to leave a party is no one's idea of fun. But missing out on sleep can have serious short and long-term consequences for your mental and physical health. Try to get at least 6 hours a night, and keep your bed time and wake up time somewhat consistent. Lastly, don't forget that sometimes a nap really can be the answer to all your problems.