Why Tom Hanks Is The Greatest Human Being

Unless you've been living under a rock throughout the entirety of his 35 year long career, you have probably at least heard of Tom Hanks, if not seen one or more of his movies. If you know me, on the other hand, it’s a 100 percent guarantee that you’re hip to the Hanks because I never shut up about him.

I've had plenty of celebrity crushes in the past, so, believe me when I say that my love for Mr. Hanks is not, in fact, a crush. Or, at least, not in the traditional “loved up” sense of the word. Instead, I want Tom Hanks to adopt me. Or, at least hang out with me for an hour or so. I imagine it would be like talking to that one really cool uncle that everyone has and loves because he makes family reunions not only bearable, but downright fun. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more pleasant, optimistic, fun-loving and kind celebrity, and it seems like he would give the best advice, no matter the topic.

If you have ever seen any of the countless stories floating around the Internet of Mr. Hanks going above and beyond to make his fans happy, you understand my assumptions about his character. If you haven’t heard any such stories, I highly recommend that you do a quick Google search to read the incredible firsthand accounts. Among others, he has given a New York taxi driver tickets and backstage passes to his show, dedicated his social media accounts to rehoming countless gloves, socks and IDs and advocated against Donald Trump. My personal favorite, however, is when Mr. Hanks hilariously took pretend drunk photos with a fan he ran into at a bar:

But, of course, what would an article commemorating Tom Hanks be without mentioning his amazingly impressive film career? He has played iconic roles such as Forrest Gump, Jim Lovell in “Apollo 13” and Chuck (the man who gets stuck on a deserted island and yells “WIIIIILLLLSOOOOONNN!!) in Cast Away. He is also the voice of everyone’s favorite eccentric cowboy, Woody, from the “Toy Story” trilogy and has starred on Broadway.

Also, random side note; Tom Hanks and his wife, Rita Wilson, are adorable and I fondly refer to them as my “Bradgelina.”

Tom Hanks is a beacon of positivity, and I am so grateful that such a wonderful person exists to give the world amazing movies and be a role model to so many, including myself. Mr. Hanks, if you ever read this, t.hanks (sorry, I had to) so much for all you do!