yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
Style

What I’m Wearing This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I thrive during fall. I am a naturally hot person so any season that doesn’t have me sweating to and from class is my favorite. I love sweaters, jackets, and fleece and oh my gosh the scarves. I’m a girl who layers so all of these are definitely among my fall go to’s. Here are a few of the things that I am excited to be wearing this fall:

Boots

It’s been particularly rainy on campus here, so durable fall boots that can transition from fall to winter have been on my must-have list for months. I don’t have to worry about splashing in puddles on the way to class, and I also love that I’ll be able to keep warm with a thick pair of socks when the temperature drops while wearing them, too. 

Scarves

There is an image of Lenny Kravitz walking around New York with a scarf large enough to be a carpet and, if you haven’t seen it, I suggest you look it up because it is such a fall mood. The best kind of scarves to me are the softest and biggest, and I have managed to accumulate quite the scarf collection, if I do say so myself. They are perfect because I can throw one on and still feel like I tried, even if my outfit is less than glamorous. I love a classic plaid scarf, but I am also learning how to step outside the box when it comes to mixing and matching textures and patterns. 

Denim Jackets

Although I was born in the 90’s, I wish I had been born earlier so I was able to fully commit to the denim jacket trend in its prime because I am obsessed. These jackets are a great way to add texture to an outfit and they can be a great piece to add to your wardrobe, even outside of the fall and winter. They are great to throw on to make an outfit more casual and some of them also come fleece lined to make them cozier. My favorite way to wear them is layered with a chunky sweater and a scarf, of course.

Leather jackets

I know I said leather, but to be pet friendly, I also want to include the reliable ‘pleather’ jacket as well. I haven’t managed to grab one of these jackets yet, but I am so excited to experiment with different outfits. These jackets add such a nice edge to any outfit, whether you’re wearing jeans and boots or you decide to edge up a feminine looking skirt and blouse. I have seen people wearing leather/pleather to many holiday parties over a cocktail dress, and I absolutely love being able to see all the versatile ways people can wear it.

I hope these tips help you pick out the perfect outfits this fall!

Dannica Baker is a Psychology major with a minor in Creative writing. She enjoy's mango's, meeting new dog's on the street, and although she is bad at some things eating is not one of them. In her free time she enjoy's discovering new conspiracy theories and drinking smoothies.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!