Top 10 Reasons to Watch Season Six of The Walking Dead

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Typically, when someone asks why you watch a certain television show, you describe the plot. In this case, the plot The Walking Dead is incredible; full of action, emotion, drama and a gripping storyline. However, everyone knows that an explanation of the plot is usually not nearly enough to actually convince people to tune in. So, without getting into too much plot detail, here are ten reasons why you should watch season six of The Walking Dead. 

1. The walkers are more terrifying than ever.

If you’ve ever watched The Walking Dead, you know that with each season, the special effects used to make the walkers more intimidating and scary intensifies each season. From makeup to sheer numbers and different tactics to put fear in the minds of viewers, season six’s walkers surely won’t disappoint.

2. Character transformations

Since season one, we have seen more than a few amazing character transformations. The seemingly most weak and timid characters have evolved into incredibly cunning and strong combat machines; the most distant and harsh are now loveable and the stress of the apocalypse has taken its toll on the sanity of many. If one thing is for sure, certain characters will emerge differently at the end of season six than they were at the beginning.

3. New characters

With the season five finale teasing the arrival of the Wolves, it is almost certain that the audience will be introduced to new faces this season. However, whether or not they will be good or evil remains uncertain.

4. Eye candy

I don’t believe an explanation is needed. You’re welcome.

5. Return of The Talking Dead

Everyone’s favorite post-emotionally-traumatic-episode recap show is back! Chris Hardwick will continue to dissect each new episode of The Walking Dead, take audience questions and interview special guests from the series.

6. Romance

Although historically the creators of the show have remained quiet on any budding romances until they actually happen on the show, there is certainly some speculation about the love lives of a few main characters. Caryl shippers, will it finally happen? Richonne? Who knows! At least we have Glenn and Maggie to continue to go gaga over.

7. Morgan is back!

And ready to kick some walker (or maybe Rick?) booty from the looks of these official photos. His return has sparked rumors within the fan community that a struggle for dominance over the group of survivors might arise. As if there isn’t already enough tension between Rick’s group and the Alexandrian residents!

8. A rollercoaster of emotions

Of course, what would a new season (or new episode, for that matter) of The Walking Dead be without the audience laughing, crying, cringing and yelling at their television all in the span of one hour? It’s that buildup and release of feelings we all love to hate, and hooray for us, we have sixteen shiny new episodes to happily freak out over.

9. Absolutely incredible storytelling.

No matter your opinions about The Walking Dead, you have to admit that each actor on the show does a phenomenal job in making their character believable. With this, each actor has a brilliant script and storyline to work with. This has remained consistent throughout the series, and surely will only continue to be amazing in season six. Robert Kirkman, Frank Darabont, Gale Ann Herd and everyone else, my hat is off to you!

10. Justification to obsessively think, talk, etc. about the show

Because you know you do it, and it makes it less weird when the show is actually airing. Also, it’s socially acceptable to say this:

Emily Gerber is a Creative Advertising and English double major at Virginia Commonwealth University. She likes to refer to herself as “Tom Hanks’ adopted daughter,” and is a self-proclaimed succulent mom who takes care of the numerous small cacti living on the windowsill in her apartment. Emily appreciates people who *attempt* to beat her at Disney trivia and wants to dedicate all of her articles to her dog, Daisy.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!