Life > Experiences

Six Ways to Celebrate Galentine’s Day in RVA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Galentine’s Day is a day to celebrate your lady friends and the friendships you have with them. Being the day before Valentine’s Day, it’s a perfect day for those without a partner to be reminded of the love they have in their lives, and for those in a relationship to remember just how much their friends mean to them.

With the sheer number of restaurants, breweries and bars in Richmond, finding something to do with your ladies for Galentine’s Day won’t be a problem—it’ll be deciding how to somehow hit every activity in a single evening.

Here are the top five Galentine’s Day activities happening in Richmond on the 13th, so you and your ladies can take full advantage of the best day of the year!

1. Galentine’s Day Cider & Cheese Flights at Blue Bee Cider

Name a better combination than alcohol and cheese…I’ll wait. From 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on February 13th, Blue Bee will be partnering with Truckle Cheesemongers pop-up at Blue Bee Cidery. Fun fact: their stables used to be owned by Richmond City’s actual Department of Parks and Recreation, so you can really channel your inner Leslie Knope—just make sure to bring your Ann Perkins!

2. Galentine’s Day at Toast @ the Village

What better way to celebrate Galentine’s Day than with all-day breakfast? Leslie Knope would be proud of the brunch specials, BYO mimosa bar and specialty cocktails Toast Gastropub will be serving up from 5:00 p.m. till 10:00 p.m. $50 per pair gets you two brunch entrees and a bottle of champagne to fix up your own mimosas, so come ready to eat and celebrate your gal pals!

3. Galentine’s Day Party at Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

You bring your lady friends, and from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Rock Bottom will supply champagne, live music, celebratory cupcakes, swag bags, a selfie booth and much more—all for only $15 a ticket. What better way to celebrate all of your poetic and noble land mermaids than by inhaling pizza, champagne and dancing all night?

4. Galentine’s Day at River City Roll

Experience Richmond’s newest boutique bowling alley with your closest girlfriends and celebrate your ladies! From 9:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., River City Roll will be supplying you and your friends with raffle prizes, frosé, champagne and a live DJ starting at 9—all offered while you bowl the night away. 

5. Galentine’s Day Karaoke at Babe’s of Carytown

Carytown’s favorite LGBTQ+ bar is hosting the perfect way to end your Galentine’s Day! Bring your favorite singing partner and belt your heart out to songs that truly capture how much you love your friends. From 8:30 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., come mingle, drink and celebrate all the ladies you love to celebrate with.

6. Galentine’s Second Annual Date Night Out at Muse Paintbar (February 15th)

While this event isn’t happening on actual Galentine’s Day, it was too good not to be included. For $20-$30 a ticket, depending on the number of attendees, you and your gal pals can drink and paint the night away with the best painting teachers in town. Keep an eye out for more info on how to purchase tickets!

With such great events to choose from, this year’s Galentine’s Day will be one to remember. Let us know which event(s) you went to, and remember to dedicate one toast to Pawnee’s own Leslie Knope!

GIF links: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Emily is a part-time coffee addict and a full-time English and Public Relations student at Virginia Commonwealth University. She enjoys all things punny, intersectional feminism, Chrissy Teigen's tweets and considers herself a bagel & schmear connoisseur. You can probably find her either listening to the Hamilton soundtrack or binge watching The Office for the thousandth time