This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Millennial pink aka the best shade of pink. Glossier is a company with a woman CEO, celebrating diversity and empowerment being its main platform, while having affordable products that truly give you that natural glow.

As a black girl, it has always been kind of difficult to find brands with people that looked like me as the face. That was until, Glossier came about. CEO Emily Weiss began her career in the beauty world as an intern for Vogue magazine. She later started a beauty blog, Into the Gloss, where she used that platform to interview women on their beauty routines. By doing this, it allowed Weiss to realize how diverse people and their beauty routines are! By actively researching and taking input from what people feel is lacking from his/her/their beauty routine – Glossier was born. These products are powerful enough to be used on their own, yet light enough to use in conjunction with other products. To make Glossier even better, the products are extremely simple in packaging and aesthetically pleasing. With the main theme of the products and stores being the perfect soft pink, here are some must try products (though they are all fantastic) that you must try.

1. Mascara. I am not a make up girl, I throw on some blush and mascara and call it a day when I go out. This mascara is perfect by giving my lashes some length and still a natural look that I like to stick with. This mascara came out close to a year ago at the perfect time – when I was looking for a new mascara to use. I have friends that want a little more drama so they sometimes use this in conjunction with another lash plumper for the look. Whether it is a base or your mascara of choice, this cute pink product will not disappoint.
  2. Solution. Glossier’s solution is basically a toner. Toner is something that I never even know I needed but wow it makes the difference. Use this after washing your face and before applying moisturizer for the best results. This particular solution is a little strong, so I only use it when my skin is going through it and then switch back to my loyal basic toner when I feel like it’s back to normal.
  3. Wowder. Literally just finishing facial powder but way cuter. It’s irresistible and I love using powder in the summer when I go out so my dewyness isn’t to the point of looking like I’m profusely sweating.
  4. Cloud Paint. In blush! As mentioned before, throwing on blush is what I feel like spices me up enough to go out and look a little rosy. Blush is my favorite because it’s the perfect pop of pink that gives you a little natural rosy effect. I sometimes use this with my other go-to pink blush product that adds a little shimmer.

These are just a few of my favorite glossier products that have the color pink on the as well. Follow Glossier on Instagram and start reading Into the Gloss if you want to know a little bit more.

Photo taken by Author, Aja Moore.

Aja is a Junior at VCU studying Political Science. She loves going to brunch, working out, healthy eating and is overly obessed with the Kardashians & her three dogs (Cooper, Bentley and Lulu). You can follow her on Instagram @ajaerinmo!
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!