Easy Ways to Burn Calories in Time for Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

We all want that summer body so we can feel confident and beautiful while rocking a bikini bod! Too bad we have finals to study for and projects to finish. Here are a few tips to help you burn calories easy!

1. Drink lots of water

There are ton of benefits when you drink water. First, it hydrates your body that leaves skin looking beautiful. And drinking room temperature water will help your digestive system. Your digestive system is there to turn food into energy. Water helps soften the food and it helps the beginning stages of digestion. Get a cute water bottle to keep with you during class. 

2. Take the stairs instead of the elevator 

It’s common knowledge that you’ll burn more calories walking than standing still. But one fact you might now know about climbing the stairs is that it will also help with belly fat. 

3. Do squats while brushing your teeth

Who wouldn’t want to tone their butt and thighs? 

4. Have a dance party in your room

You’ll burn roughly 200 calories if you dance for 30 minutes. And in the privacy of your own room, you won’t be embarrassed by other peoples judgments. 

5. Lunge while watching TV 

Lunges help tone your legs, butt and thighs.  Here are some other exercises you can do while watching tv

6. Make-out with somebody

WomansDay.com reports that a passionate kiss will burn up to 90 calories per hour, and that’s 1.5 calories per minute. So get those lips moving!  

Casey is a Senior at Virginia Commonwealth University studying broadcast journalism with a minor in general business.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!