Brianna Price: VCU’s 2011-2012 Homecoming Queen!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Brianna (or should I say Taylor) Price is VCU’s 2011-12 Homecoming Queen and she serves the title well, actively involved on campus. Find out all you wanted to know about Bri, her crowning, and the behind the scenes aspect of running.

Name: Brianna Price
Year: Senior
Major: Psychology,  Business Minor

You were just crowned Homecoming Queen, how does it feel?
It is still hitting me. I still can’t believe it actually happened! But it just feels so amazing to have the opportunity to be a positive representation of the the entire school, and that the student body voted for me to have the opportunity to do so.

What was going through your mind right before they announced the results?
The events of the entire week; everything that I had worked so hard on to get to that point of standing on that court. I wanted to remind myself that no matter who’s name was said to be crowned queen, I should be proud of myself that I made it as far as I did and I should be proud of all of the hard work I put into it.

Why did you want to run for Homecoming Queen?
I had always wanted to do something influential to a large group of people. I had so many times in my life where I let myself fade in the background because I didn’t have enough confidence in myself to stand out.  I also know many people like myself who are the same way. It was important for me to show not only them but myself, that you can do anything you set your mind to. More specifically, joining my sponsoring organization (Alpha Gamma Delta) really helped me to gain the self-esteem and appreciation of myself that I needed and wanted so badly. I owed it to them to show the school how amazing of a support my sorority was to me. The person I was four years ago when I first came to VCU is nothing at all like the person I am today, and that positive change comes a lot from my involvement in AGD.

How was campaigning for you?
Stressful, but a good experience. It taught me a lot more than just how to be social and get my name out there, but also how to express good organizational skills, and utilizing every minute of the day productively. There were so many nights I was up until the wee hours of the night because I would hold off so many things for my campaign; if I had been a little more organized I probably could have balanced things better. But all in all, it was a great experience to have! It also gave me an opportunity to re-connect with old friends when telling them about my campaign. That was something I really appreciated.

What was your favorite event during Homecoming Week?
LIP SYNC! Definitely the most fun time I had, getting up on that stage in front of so many people was such an adrenaline rush, I would do it all over again if I could.

What is your favorite memory at VCU?
Of course, going to the Final Four. I am a HUGE basketball fan – I was devastated when I didn’t win sweet 16 or elite 8 tickets in the student lottery. But I definitely made up for it going to Houston – I will always say it was one of the best times of my life, and on top of it I had front row seats to watch my school make history… how could that NOT be my favorite memory at VCU?!

What type of legacy do you want to leave behind?
One of the greatest pieces of advice I have ever heard is to move forward, because regrets and looking back are for people who do not want to go anywhere. This in terms of leaving a legacy is to show everyone at this school that these will be the best four (or more) years of your life. Cherish every moment, even make some mistakes, but don’t leave this school having a doubt in your mind about anything you did – or didn’t do. These are the times to learn and grow. My legacy will be known as the woman who did not let anything get in her way from having the best college experience possible. I want to be remembered for making sure every person at this school does the exact same thing.

Other than being Homecoming Queen, what else do you do at VCU?
I am a Resident Assistant (RA), a job that I love. Shout out to the young ladies of the 10th floor of Rhoads Hall! My inspiration to be a great role model to this school. I am an active member of Alpha Gamma Delta Women’s Fraternity, and was a Recruitment Counselor (your recruitment counselor :D) For this past fall formal recruitment process.

And final question, what is something most students(voters) don’t know about you?
Some of you may know me as Taylor – but most of you know me as Brianna. Taylor is my real first name! JBrianna is my middle name. Many people got confused during Homecoming week because they had no idea my name was Taylor, so there’s a cool fact for ya!

Chelsea is a Her Campus alumnae and the Cofounder and former President and Editor-In-Chief of Virginia Commonwealth University's Her Campus chapter. Chelsea has diverse professional experience thanks to her many internships in college. Her experience includes working in the research department at Viacom's MTV, assisting the CEO of a boutique jewelry brand in NYC, and working at an English tourist magazine in Japan. Beyond her professional life, Chelsea is inspired by fashion, finance, all things Harry Potter, her dream of working for a company she loves, and her travels. Chelsea turns to Sailor Moon episodes and Harry Potter soundtracks when life gets tough. Also a good amount of shopping, traveling, and making memories with loved ones will maintain her status quo.Connect!LinkedIn Instagram: @chelsskubo